o n e

"Honey get down here, the babysitter will be here any minute!" My mom yelled from downstairs

here any minute!" My mom yelled from downstairs.

I won't bore you with the details, but due to certain events, I am no longer allowed to watch over my six year old brother.

"Coming!" I paced downstairs and as soon as I made it, the doorbell rang. My parents opened the door to reveal a boy that looked around my age. He was tall, muscular but lean, and he had chocolate brown eyes that matched his hair. He looked rather intimidating, and I could tell that my parents were also thinking the same thing. Based on there fake smiles, which hid there worried looks.

"Hello, I'm Sebastian Cruz, the babysitter." He said in a honey like voice. Let me just say that that his voice definitely didn't match his appearance.

My brother quickly ran away from the door and and ran behind me.

I wanted to do the same thing as soon as I saw that he had bruised knuckles. How did my dad find this guy? He said he had five star reviews.

"Come in!" Said my mom in a overly peppy tone. She obviously was very concerned about whether to leave us with him or not.

He walked while looking around the house.

"Is there anything I should know that you didn't mention over the phone? Any allergies I should be concerned of?" He had such a soft and soothing voice, it did not match him at all. My mom was clearly expecting someone else.

"No, but if you could make an extra meal for my daughter, Kamila that would be nice. She's always too lazy to cook herself." My dad said as he started grabbing the luggages out of the house and into the car.

My parents were going to a business trip for a week. They work at a loan company and sometimes they go away for training. They'll be going to Dallas which is about eight hours away from Brownsville.

After helping carrying their stuff into the car my brother waved them goodbye. "Bye mommy! Bye daddy!" He said as waved through the window.

"Hey, buddy. What's your name?" Said the babysitter as my brother came back to hide behind me.

I walked over to the babysitter with my brother following behind me.

"It's okay. I have a surprise for you, but that is only if you tell me your name." He said as he crouched down in front of me to get a better view of him. After a moment my brother was fooled by his soft voice and his bribe.

"Luka."

"That's a cool name, Luka, and what's this pretty lady's name?"

"That's my sister, Kami. Can I have my surprise now? Pwease?"

"Of course." He stood back up and went over to his backpack. He then pulled out a blue lollipop.

"Wow!" Luka said as he ran over to him and gave him a hug after he gave him the blue lollipop.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Sebastian." He said as he looked over at me.

"Kamila." I responded.