𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVEN | GHOST WORLD

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA WANTED TO TRY AND GET HER LIFE BACK ON TRACK. Since she and Stefan left Mystic Falls at the request of Klaus, it had been a while since the girl had enjoyed doing normal things. She headed into the Grill and ordered herself a coffee and walked down the street of Mystic Falls until her path was blocked by none other than Stefan Salvatore.

"Was I not clear yesterday?" Klara gritted her teeth as she stared at the vampire. "Or do I need to plunge another piece of wood through that chest of yours for you to get the hint."

"You're living in my house, Klara. We'll bump into each other eventually." The Salvatore smirked back at her. He crossed his arms over his chest while his muscles tensed. 

"What did you do to Damon?" Klara asked. She was referring to the fact that when she woke, Damon was chained to a chair in the middle of the living room, a hot-poker in his chest—without his daylight ring.

"Oh, sure. Guy flips his humanity switch and suddenly everyone points the finger at him. It's getting very boring." 

The blonde vampire raised an eyebrow at Stefan's quick defense. "So, it wasn't you?" 

"No, Klara, it wasn't." 

"Lexi?" Klara gawked as she stared at the blonde who stood behind Stefan. The Salvatore turned around and came face to face with Lexi. She was Stefan's best friend and Klara had met the girl when she came back to town for Stefan's birthday, but their friendship was shortlived. Damon got her killed. "You're dead."

"Well, technically, so are the two of you." She wriggled her eyebrows suggestively. The arrival of his former best friend seemed to stir up a few emotions inside of Stefan, and rightfully so. He cared about Lexi. 

The Salvatore shifted uncomfortably. "Well, then how the hell can I—"

"—See me? Yeah, I have no idea. And I have no idea how long it's going to last, so let's get right to the point." Lexi's smile soon faded and her face hardened. "You're off the rails. Big time."

"Look, I don't know how you're here, but you need to leave me alone, okay?" Stefan started off in the other direction, but Lexi grabbed hold of his arm and stopped him.

"Now what kind of a friend would I be if I didn't help you out of this mess you're in?" 

"Thank God." Klara breathed out thankfully. She had heard stories that Lexi had managed to get Stefan's humanity back every time he abandoned it.

"I don't want your help."

"Well, Klara does." Lexi rested her arm on Klara's shoulder with a smile. "You know, he says this every time. I don't want your help. I don't want to get better. Leave me alone." The blonde mimicked her friend with a chuckle.