::: Knowledge Is Free :::

:::I want both guys and girls to enjoy this book! But I am a female and am not used to writing in second person, so please excuse any he/she that might slip out from the reader's pov:::

     Y/N sits on the sidewalk and drinks some of the water stashed away in a backpack, the BLM protest has been all but peaceful so far and you know exactly why: the police haven't shown up yet. You watch with a content smile as people sing and chant, enjoying each other's company and the happy vibes that were shared. The happiness amongst the crowd all banding together resonates with you, hating how the government silently oppresses its people has been something you've been passionate about for a long time. With this you felt connected to those around you.
   Living in DC all your life you had firsthand experiences to the injustices in this country, and you would be damned if you didn't make your voice heard. Your ideals seem intense at first glance, but deep down you know much more than just the police must change in America.
   "Hey guys! Have you heard Anonymous is back?" A loud, excited voice calls out. Wild responses and happy cries ripple throughout the crowd. Y/N knew of Anonymous, several years ago you followed their activities quite closely until they seemingly disappeared.
   Hearing this news a grin immediately occupies your face, pulling out your phone you almost choke on your spit as you read the bolded headlines about Anonymous' return.
   Then you see it. The tweet you've been waiting to see for years now.

   "H-Holy shit" the shaky words spill out of your mouth, with a burst of energy you jump in excitement

   "H-Holy shit" the shaky words spill out of your mouth, with a burst of energy you jump in excitement. "I fucking love Anonymous!"
   Your celebration was cut short as sirens rang in the distance, it seemed as if everyone suddenly held their breath. Police with riot shields approached, other pigs with guns loaded with 'non-lethal' rubber bullets ready to shoot at innocents were standing beside them. Mounted police and even heavily armed snipers were at the ready, it was disgusting.
   Watching those who are supposed to protect the citizens of America standing at the ready to abuse them caused a flame inside of you to burn.
   "Down with the two party system that tears the country apart, down with the 'justice' system that failed George Floyd and so many others," you mumble under your breath, growing louder as you force your way through the crowd towards the police. You stop about 15 feet away from them, in front of all the protestors and all the cameras. You have their attention, you have everyone's attention.

"DOWN WITH THE GOVERNMENT THAT FAILS PEOPLE OF COLOUR EVERYDAY! IT'S TIME FOR A NEW AMERICA!"
———

   "Fuck, I have to keep my mouth shut next time..." Y/N whines whilst poking the bandage wrapped around wounds from both rubber bullets and the thrown gas canister which left a gash in your leg. The television played idly in the background as you answered the concerned texts from your parents, but the sound of your name forced your attention to the tv.
   "Are 'Gen Z' planning a revolution? The individual identified as Y/N L/N was sighted at the Black Lives Matter protest shouting 'down with the government'..."
   The sound of the news drowns out and leaves room for your panicked thoughts. 'Are you fucking me right now? The media just gave away my full name???' The thought of the government searching you out was more than possible; someone living in DC, participates in the BLM protests, and hates the government. Prime target.
   Taking a deep breath, y/n decides it's safer to leave the apartment for the night even if it's past curfew. Slipping on a jacket you exit, making sure to avoid open streets and utilizing any and all alleyways. Avoiding police who were actively searching for anyone still outside. Running in the dark between buildings and was going well until the back of your hood was pulled forcing you into darkness, almost choking you. Sputtering and struggling in the arms of someone a bit taller than you, a voice tries to soothe you.
   "Hey, I'm not the cops or a kidnapper y/n calm down for me," the stranger's voice was attractive and was effective at you calming down, but you still push away and try to look at him. He was wearing a large grey hoodie accompanied with sweatpants topped off with a Guy-Fawkes mask. He looked like Anonymous' poster child.
   "Don't touch me... who... who are you?" Y/N asks tentatively to which the man shakes his head.
   "I can't tell you that, but just know we need you." He responds, pulling his hood up to cover all of his head.
   "Need me? W-What-How do you know my name? How did you know I'd be here?" You back away slowly, stumbling to your feet.
   "I saw you on the news Y/n, I knew you would leave your house and use the alleys to hide your presence... I admire your intelligence, but you are very predictable." He explains offering you his large gloved hand to help you stand.
   "I'm not predictable. And you still didn't tell me who you are,"
   "I can't tell you my name, just listen-"
   "Who are you?" Your question persists, he sighs and despite his mask looks you in the eyes.
   "Anonymous... now please, let's talk somewhere else," he says, pausing you lift your chin, "I need you."