Bad Times

I was just ordering a coffee when my phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Hi, is this y/n?"
"Yes, who is this?"
"Im y/b/n's (your best friends name) parents. Im calling you to tell you that y/b/n passed away in a car accident this morning."
That was when time felt like it stopped. We had been best friends for years in high school. We did everything together and we spent every minute we had together. We became distant when i had to move to New York. After 3 years of not seeing each other, i wanted to see how she was doing. So yesterday i wanted to give her a call to see how things were going, but i never called because I was just so busy with work and errands.

At that moment, my coffee slipped out of my hands but i didn't care. The news were just too hard to believe. I immediately hung up. I ran to my car with tears in my eyes. I didnt care to go to work anymore. I drove all the way back to my apartments sobbing. I couldn't believe that she passed away. I somehow felt that this was my fault, even though i know i had nothing to do with it. But i still felt extremely guilty.

I opened the door to my apartment and closed it immediately when i went inside. I leaned on the door, back touching the door. Tears started wetting my shirt, mascara smearing off my eyes. I slowly started sliding down the door to then be sitting on the floor, still leaning on the door. Now i was sobbing out loud, and soon i was screaming.

Timothée came running out of bedroom to see what the noise was. He saw me on the floor looking like a train wreck. "Y/n, whats wrong? Is everything okay? Are you hurt?" He said all in one breath, while he sat down next to me rubbing my arms. "I-, she-." I couldn't even get the words out. This hurt me way too much.

"Come on. Get off the floor." He held my hand and brought me up. He sat me on the bed. He helped take off my work heels. I was still sobbing. "Y/n, will you please tell me whats wrong," he asked sincerely. I could finally put my strength together to put the words together. "Y/b/n passed away in an accident." Even though I heard the words come out of my mouth, I still couldn't believe them.

"Oh, y/n. I am so sorry," he said as he brought my head to his chest and rubbed my back. Whenever i heard those words "im sorry," i couldn't help but cry and cry. I knew he felt pity for me, but I also knew he knew that this was really hard on me.

He held me to his chest for hours until i was done crying. And then i fell asleep in his arms. I knew he loved me at my worst.