//opening//

will byers wakes up at specifically 6.42 am.

he turned around in his cheap, temporary mattress, and groaned, not wanting to go to school or really do anything that day.

he could already tell that today was going to be terrible and he would most likely be sobbing in his room by the end of it.

but since God was a bitch, will's mother knocked on the door, and opened it before he could reply.

"will, honey, you need to get up now if you want to make it to school with jane." will knew that what his mother said wasnt true because they literally live right across the street from Augusta High, the school him and Jane went to, so he was confused as to why his mother was in such a rush.

as though joyce could sense his confusion, she said, "i thought i'd take you to get something before school, you and el are always so grumpy for no reason so i thought i'd make you feel better." she smiled.

will knew he had a right to be grumpy, the kids at his school would bully him all the time.

it wasn't even something he was used to, like homophobic slurs or shoves, or hell, even straight up punches to his face or stomach from time to time.

no, the way these kids bullied him was.. odd.

they would pin him against the lockers, and since he was shorter than literally everyone in his grade, it wasn't hard.

they would call him odd things he didn't even understand, something about being a slut or something.

once they even ran a hand up his shirt and it made him really uncomfortable.

now, you may have noticed that the pronoun 'they' was used a lot, as if there were more than one person doing all these odd actions.

when in reality, it was just one person.

oliver green.

he was a tall, lanky and, you guessed it, extremely manipulative teenager.

what's worse? will thought the older male was, kind of cute.

of course, he was nothing compared to mike wheeler, his best friend.

well, his ex bestfriend.

they haven't spoken since will moved to maine, and will would normally be ok with it.

okay, maybe not ok with it, but you get the idea, he's going to see him this Christmas anyway.

but it didn't help in the slightest hearing his new, annoying sister jane talking to his mike,

every. day.

and night.

can they never catch a break? will would think, hearing his sister giggle at a joke will knew wasn't even that funny.

it's like they're unhealthily addicted to each other. it's like, if the annoying pair don't speak to each other all day every day after school, they would die on the spot.

it was disgusting, will would think.

personally, will thought him and mike would be a way better couple than jane and mike.

will calls his sister jane out of spite, because he knows damn well that the girl prefers to be called el, even if it was an odd name.

what's worse? the telekinetic girl once told him that she actually likes to be called el because every time someone does, it makes her feel like mike is next to her or something, will wasn't really listening.

he envies her, but he knows he shouldn't.

mike wheeler has brought him nothing but pain and sorrow since he started dating jane.

will groaned and faced away from his mother, stupid feelings, he thought.

"I'm serious dear. c'mon it'll be fun!" joyce says, and closes the door before will can protest, indicating that joyce's decision was final.

will groaned again. he knew his mother meant well, but he barely had the energy to face el today, let alone go to school and see oliver.

why does god hate me? will thought as he sluggishly pulled away his old star wars covers and got up.

he went into the bathroom situated in his room and began brushing his teeth.

yeah that's right, will has his own bathroom in his room.

he bitterly wanted the room knowing damn well that joyce and jonathan planned for Jane to get the biggest room since she's 'been through so much'.

will played innocent and claimed that he wants the bigger room so he can hang all his new drawings on the walls, and no one had the heart to decline.

he knew he was being selfish, and he felt slightly guilty, but not that much.

I mean seriously, how is a room going to help his sister get over her trauma?

will loved his family-his real family, not including jane- but sometimes they were just stupid.

he looked in the mirror after finishing and mentally cringed at his own reflection.

his eyes had deep eyebags unger them. they've always kind of been there, even after his nightmares had diminished.

his hair was a mess, it looked like a straight up mop rather than his usual bowl cut.

will ran his fingers through his hair in a weak attempt to tame it somehow, but sighed and walked out the bathroom when it didn't do anything.

he lazily put on yellow long sleeved shirt with some blue shorts knowing damn well that it was summer and that he should be putting on t-shirts.

as he was tucking in his shirt and tying the strings to insure oliver couldn't do anything extreme at school, he noticed how big the yellow shirt actually was on him.

he cringed at himself again, before grabbing his backpack and opening the door.

"about time!" jonathan exclaimed from his seat. "I thought you died in there."

"haha." will said slowly, eyeing his brother with an annoyed look as he grabbed a granola bar.

"you look good in that shirt, sweetie." joyce smiled.

will smiled back thinly to show that he acknowledged the compliment.

his last thought before walking out the door was,

'mike would like it.'