"Yuzu.."

"Hm?"

"This sucks."

Malerie took a long drag from her cigarette and exhaled. They had been sitting inside a transparent wall for at least an hour, and the lack of colors to this map was making Malerie a bit dizzy. Yuzu stopped poking at the ground and looked down at his lap.

"What? Ya sad?"

"Places like these are all I have."

Taking another drag, she stood up and stretched out her hand. He was confused at first, but took her hand and got up a few seconds later. Earlier that day, she was helping him learn to walk on two feet again, but he was still struggling plenty. Not before long, they got to what seemed to be a dead man's residence*.

"Who the hell just leaves their house like this?" She said as she ran her finger down the closet side, picking up big wads of dust. Looking around, she noticed a TV that looked familiar, but she never saw it before. Curiously, she reached out her hand to it...

*Thmp!!*

Angry groans of pain escaped Yuzu's mouth as he fell head first to the floor. Malerie quickly cut her attention from the TV and went to him. She grabbed his shoulders and tried to pull him up, but couldn't do much.

"God damnit, Yuzu, why do you have to be so big?!" His eyes opened to a blurry replica of her and he blinked a few times to regain focus. He then rolled to his back. Staring at the ceiling with his limbs sprawled out, it took him a moment to realize what was happening. Malerie hovered over him with an angry face.

"Oh."

" 'Oh' ?!"

He pushed himself back up and leaned against the closet. He turned away from her.

"Are you sure we should be doing this? Going into someone's house..."

"You're just making excuses because you don't take risks like real boys. You still need to practice walking!"

She crossed her arms and gave him a glare. He simply brushed it off and looked at the mess of chairs. Nearly anybody could've been living here. Even though most of the bears resigned to the small neighborhood by the park, plenty of people lived elsewhere. For example, Devil found himself content in the depths of the System Crypt, the missing kids liked to stay in their Abandoned School, and-

"あなたはここで何をしているの?!"

-Miku was roommates with Rockstar here in the Monochrome.

--

Having been kicked out (literally) of the dusty old house, the two took it upon themselves to sit in a tree. Malerie was in a bad mood and Yuzu began star gazing. The stars would be the only colors on the map if nobody was around these parts.

"So," Yuzu began, "do you still want to take some risks, little girl?"

"Shut your mouth!"

[*Dead Man's Residence: just some way I would describe a desolate home]