I'm Going Where The Cold Wind Blows

It was past seven. Aberdeen's grey sky became darker and darker as the minutes passed. The night was about to come, but I didn't care about being out here on my own at night. Almost every person had left, but I stood there, sitting on the ground. 

I had been doing the same thing almost everyday for two weeks. When it was around six o'clock in the evening, I would go to the woods, where I knew I would find that same guy playing his guitar, always in the same spot. I would sit a few meters away from him, and just listen to him play. He was always there, and it seemed to me that he was trying to hide from the people and the city itself. That place in the woods was a cave where he could play for hours, in complete freedom and accompanied by silence. At first, when I got there, I felt I was invading his private place, but then I got caught by his music, and it was like a drug I couldn't escape from. Tough I was never caught, fortunately. 

He always started playing some slow songs, barely whispering. His voice was soft and calm, until he began to play heavier songs, full of anger and hate. These were the kind of songs that made my heart melt. Sometimes I felt he had me under a spell; Nobody and nothing could make me feel that way. The sounds that came from the strings of his guitar made your heart skip a beat, and the beautiful harmony of his strong voice promised to blow up your mind. 

I could only see his messy bold long hair, and his slightly curved back, always covered with a wool-made sweater. Sometimes I wished I could see him face to face, to really know who he was. With only sharing a conversation with him, I would be complete.

But that day was a different one, because I decided to stay long enough till the time he left. I had gained some courage to talk to him, just to tell him I really liked the way he played and those lyrics. I saw him stand up with his guitar in his left hand, and walked straight to where he was. My heart was about to jump out of my chest, and my legs were just numb. I was barely breathing but noticeably shaking.

The figure turned around to show his pale face with a pair of haunting blue eyes.