Prologue

Shiro's Point of View

A string of curses left my lips as I held a tight and painful grip on the unknown fellow transmigrator and pulled him beside me, away from the humanoid red static.

[Host! Another batch on your 3 o'clock!]

With my free right hand, I reach for my particle laser gun and shot an array of blue light towards the wave of incoming red, static-like things called virus. This battle has been going on since a millennia and the poor space called Earth District has dealt even more damage than good and is still being infiltrated. Viruses like these are usually to destroy most worlds but none has ever successfully infiltrated the Earth District as this now.

As the battle goes on, the number of red static finally pixelated to oblivion and the other Transmigrators like me — along with a few non-partnered systems and others — started to clean up and collect the remains of this space and perhaps recreate the broken and damaged worlds.

[Host, there's a damaged Earth just located on your left...]

Listening to my System, I went towards the pedestal on my left and activated it using my evergrowing spiritual energy. Sure enough, the word DAMAGED surrounded the spheric planet like a ring. Tampering with it, I came across the settings and found the so-called problem.

[Hmm... One soul is missing. Named as Yukino, a Japanese-American, 19 years old, Male, and a high IQ. Sadly, he had low EQ and is highly affected by the- wait, no! He's the only one affected by the virus! Host, we need to report this!]

Hearing the system's exclamation, I sighed in disappointment and looked at the feminine looking boy in the hologram.

Cause of death: Virus Attack; Headshot.
Earth Number: 320

System? You know it isn't really a big deal, right? There could have been plenty of unfortunate souls with harsher deaths..

[Hmph! I'm just saying, as all...]

System? Are you being sassy?

[No... (。ŏ_ŏ)]

That's what I thought...

Having done with my conversation with my System, I left the pedestal and regrouped with the rest of my batch of soldiers.

"Just to make sure, list down the damaged number of Earth(s)" I ordered, examining the leftover transmigrators that survived over an estimation of 10 million viruses. What was a big group of 10.000 system-transmigrator pairs along with a hundred single systems —

(A/N: Like me ; v ;)

— now went down to only 10 single systems and 15 paired ones.

But not that I cared.

As everyone went turn to turn with listing down the number of Earths and its World Number, the transparent blue screen finally landed to me. At first, I checked the listed number of multiple Earths and hadn't seen the number 320, so I typed in the aforementioned number and passed it on to the system next to me.

Scan this place. Make sure there isn't a stray virus or any of a sort... And check for any compromised ones in our midst. Can't be too careful if we don't want another infiltration.

[Roger! ヽ(`・ω・´)ゝ ]

A faint sound resonated on my mind as System went to work with what she's ordered to work on. As the process of teleporting us is in progress, a small ding rang through that signified everything to be okay. I thanked my system and helped out in the teleportation process — which, some transmigrators sighed for in relief — to go to the <Administrator> and report to him.