1 ❀ bruno bucciarati

hey guys! i am not planning on abandoning this book. please don't give up on me 🥺

also, check out the chrome extension InteractiveFics! it replaces y/n with your actual name lol

also no this isn't sponsored i just really like that extension lol
also i added a song, i recommend listening to it whenever y/n sees bruno tehe.

🌼🌼

6:30am.

You usually woke up at that time, weekend or not. You had gotten so used to waking up that early for work, so you couldn't sleep late no matter how hard you tried. On weekends you'd usually make yourself a cup of coffee, put on a small sundress, and walk around town.

( there's your dress you skinny legend-also no that's not what you look like that's just your dress haha- also

also no that's not what you look like that's just your dress haha- also.. just the dress and the sandals unless you want the accessories )

You swung the door open and walked outside. You let out a yawn, but at least you weren't as tired as you were before.
Strolling around town was a daily thing for you, so pretty much everybody knew 'ya.
"Oi, Signorina! You look absolutely splendid today!"
You giggled lightly as you continued your stroll, stopping to say hi to your friends every now and then.
Meh, not necessarily friends..
You didn't exactly have friends. Of course, you were well-known, and loved by everyone in town, but.. you never made a real friend.
"Ciao, Y/n! How are you?"
You turned around to see who it was.
"Oh, Lucia! It's good to see you- I'm doing very well. How's the baby?" You motioned to her stomach. Lucia let out a happy, motherly chuckle as she rubbed it in excitement. "Due in 2 weeks! I must say, he's been a real kicker..."
"Oh, 'he'? Do you have any idea what you're going to name him?" You smiled.
"The name 'Piero' has been on my mind for a while," She sighed. "But why not Gino? You know, after his grandfather?"
You nodded in understanding. "I'm sure whatever you choose will be perfect, mio amico."
"Oh! I almost forgot to mention- there's been a strange gang running around town.. I've been so worried about the baby- but mostly Antonio. I wouldn't want the little one to grow up without a father, you know?"
You stayed silent for a while. "I'm sorry, a gang?"
Lucia nodded. "A troublesome one. If you ever see them, remember that their leader is the one with the dark blue hair. Or black, I couldn't exactly see them that well.." She rubbed the back of her neck. "Take care, my dear!"

You watched her happily skip away.
You sighed and continued your walk, hoping that what Lucia said was not true.
All was fine until you heard some racket coming from a nearby alleyway.

You didn't usually involve yourself with things that weren't your business, but.. a gang?
You couldn't help it. You were a curious person.
You slowly walked towards the alleyway, one eyebrow raised. You didn't see anything.
"...Hello?"

You nearly screamed at the top of your lungs if it weren't for the strong man who grabbed your elbow, pulled your back towards his chest, and covered your mouth.
You froze in shock.
He leaned against the brick wall of the long, dark alleyway.
"Don't make any noise, mia cara."
He released his hand from your lips, then rested it on your shoulder.

You leaned your head back, coming face to face with the man.
He searched your eyes, while you examined his face. You two were awfully close.
Only then did you realize who he was.
You didn't say anything for a few seconds, still admiring his perfectly chiseled face. It was as if the whole world burst into color when you met his eyes.
He didn't smile, but his expression seemed so loving. You almost got too close before you quickly pulled away.
He cleared his throat, letting go. His gaze pierced through you while his expression became more stern.
"Run, bellissima. Run away."
You opened your mouth to speak, but nothing came out.
You slowly backed up, staring into his eyes once more before running off.
The wind caught in your hair and picked it up, allowing each strand to ride with the graceful flow of the air.

You just kept running.

You felt so... familiar with yourself around him.
His voice was so enchanting, and his hands were so harm.

Who was that man? What was his name?

Did you know him?