Renault KWID: A perfect hatchback that you can own this year

There was a time when an entry level car in the Indian automobile market simply meant a box on four wheels. However, the Renault KWID changed that perception with its bold SUV look and a power-packed performance.

Now with the recently launched BS6 compliant version, it has just taken the bar a notch higher for the competition to follow. Besides meeting the tough BS6 norms, a host of features have also been upgraded. Let us have a look at some of the prominent Renault KWID features which are changing the dynamics of the hatchback segment.

  Let us have a look at some of the prominent Renault KWID features which are changing the dynamics of the hatchback segment

The Outside: 

Since its launch, the SUV inspired look has always been the identity of the KWID. With the newly launched version, the overall look of the car has become even more pronounced. Its stylish grille and boomerang shaped roof attract attention. Other prominent exterior features include the silver streak LED DRLs, SUV styled headlamps, tail lamp with LED light guides, muscular multi-spoke wheels and an impressive 184 mm ground clearance. The new look of the KWID is designed to stand out.

The Inside: 

The ergonomically designed cabin has 4-way adjustable front seats which make driving pleasurable and seating easy. The dual tone interior with new upholstery is not only soothing to the eyes but also complements the sporty nature of the car. A stylish new dashboard with a touch screen at the centre completes the premium interiors.

Comfort:

 For an entry level car, the Renault Kwid features a large boot space of 279 litres that can be expanded to 620 litres. Be it the well thought of storage spaces for wallet or mobiles or the new glove box, parcel shelf or bottle holders in the front doors, the designers have kept convenience in mind. Moreover, the inclusion of new-age necessities like front & rear power sockets, front & rear power windows and the modern day saviour - a fast USB charger is commendable.

Technology:

Traditionally, technology was the last to arrive in the entry level cars. However, the new Renault KWID features a computer on board that keeps a tab on fuel consumption, average car speed and distance to empty. First-in-class features like the LED digital instrument cluster and a 20.32 cm touch screen are smart and very conveniently placed to help you navigate easily. The car also comes fitted with a reverse parking camera with guidelines as a standard equipment, which helps you park with ease even in the tightest spot.

Safety:

KWID offers safety features like driver side airbags, ABS & EBD, seat belt reminders, over-speed alert, reverse parking sensor as standard. Customers can also get an option of adding passenger side airbag to enhance the safety of other passengers.

Unlike some of its peers, the KWID offers safety features like driver side airbags, ABS & EBD, seat belt reminders, over-speed alert, reverse parking sensor as standard. Customers can also get an option of adding passenger side airbag to enhance the safety of other passengers.

The KWID is undoubtedly one of the best hatchback car that you can own this year. Besides an attractive starting price of Rs. 2.92 lakh, the Renault KWID features some of the most prominent first-in-class and best-in-class amenities that are generally found in the high end cars. It is on the basis of such features and its refreshing SUV look that the KWID has made its mark in the otherwise price driven entry-level car segment in India.