Chapter 1- It Can Be Hard..

RILEY'S P.O.V

Home...

       Why? why? why?! is all that went through my head as I chucked my golden bottle of pills to the tiled floor, Causing them to shatter in a million pieces. I can feel my eyes filling with tears. I can feel the burning sensation of the cuts on my arm. I can feel myself shattering into a million pieces, just like the pills. My antidepressant pills. They don't work. I sink to the floor head on my knees, and hands wrapped around my legs. I cry out my worries and screams that have been bottled up for the past few weeks. 

        About an hour later I calm myself down.  wash the dried tears of my face then dry. Looking up from the sink I see a girl in the mirror. A girl who has anxiety, anorexia, and depression. I feel worthless, I feel like a mess. Maybe that's because I am. Stop I can't keep thinking like this. If I'm going to get better I have to be tough. I can't let these thoughts pull me down. These are the things I'm always telling myself. A little motivation boost I guess. 

        I sit on my bed Indian style and pull my laptop onto my lap. I check my Face Book private messages, all I see is one today. Opening the message I realize it's from the girl who makes my social life a living hell. Abby Johnson.

It read

Hey Riley. How was your day? Not that I care. So little fuck I just wanted to make sure you knew that  you're little "anxiety" act isn't fooling anyone! Everyone knows you are a freak that only wants attention! Haven't you ever wondered why no one ever sits with you? or let alone talks to you? Yeah its because you are a freaky bitch that runs out of the class; for like I said attention. Hope I made your day!

XOXO your'e worst nightmare 

        I can feel my eyes glazing over, but I push back the tears. No, no more crying. I close my laptop and push it to the side. Why does everything have to be this way? I don't fake my anxiety attacks. I try not to make it noticeable. No one even knows why or at least thinks they know why I run out except for Abby. Abby only knows because she walked in on my crying once, but she just teased me of course.