𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER NINE | HOMECOMING

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE GROUP WERE GOING OVER THE FINAL TOUCHES TO THEIR PLAN TO LURE KLAUS BACK TO MYSTIC FALLS. Stefan's freedom from Klaus was literally riding on their plan going off without a hitch, so they needed it to be perfect. Klara was worried that it wouldn't work, given that Stefan was compelled to do whatever Klaus said, but the Salvatore assured the group that he wouldn't be the reason they failed.

"Alright. We'll say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her so he could use her as bait." Stefan gestured. Damon, Klara, and Elena all followed behind him as he led the group.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena asked with furrowed brows once Stefan turned around to face her.

"Absolutely not. We vervained him." The blonde vampire corrected while she shook her head. "Mikael is an Original, guys. We need to make it believable, or Klaus won't buy it."

"Okay, fine. We vervained him and in the process discovered that he had a dagger." Stefan rolled his eyes at the blonde and immediately corrected himself.

Elena nodded in Stefan's direction. "Which he planned to use on Rebekah. But instead—"

"We drove it through his heart." Stefan finished, a smirk on his lips as he finally went over his plan for the last time.

"Okay, right. I've just got one question." Klara looked around the room, and her eyes fell finally on Stefan. "What happened when he asks to see Mikael's body?"

"Good point." Damon let his eyes fall on his younger brother. "You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied."

"Well, don't look at me." The humanity-free Salvatore shrugged with a faint smile on his lips. "I'm just in charge of getting him back here."

"Okay. This isn't going to work." Klara spoke up once again. She had spent all summer with Klaus, and she knew how thorough he was. "Klaus is paranoid. He'll want to see Mikael's body otherwise he won't believe he's dead."

"Then I shall be dead." Mikael stepped into the room and caused all eyes to move to him as he did so. He held a small vial of White Ash and what appeared to be a dagger in a cloth.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena asked the man as she and Stefan walked over to him while he began to prepare the dagger.

"Well, it means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him."

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him." Stefan raised an eyebrow. His eyes were fixed on the dagger that he remembered seeing inside Rebekah.