𝐓𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER TEN | THE NEW DEAL

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

SINCE KLAUS HAD GIVEN STEFAN HIS FREEDOM BACK, SHE HADN'T HEARD FROM HIM. He skipped town after the Homecoming party from Hell, and all Klara wanted was a sign that he was okay. In a bid to distract herself from all Stefan-drama, she agreed to meet with Bonnie and Elena in the Grill.

The doppelganger was hysterical. She had told the two girls that she went for a jog and she was certain that a man was following her. "I feel like I'm going crazy. I'm totally paranoid all the time."

"You have a right to be." Bonnie offered a sympathetic ear. "Klaus is still out there, he knows you both tried to kill him."

Truth be told, Klara couldn't care less about Klaus. She wasn't as paranoid as Elena, but that was probably because she could actually take care of herself. "I find it strange that he hasn't made a move against us yet, though. I mean, since the party nobody's seen or heard from him."

"Just my slow spiral into insanity." Elena exhaled as she held her head in her hands.

"Join the club." Bonnie chuckled lightly. She once told the girls that she kept having dreams about coffins. "Every time I close my eyes, I have that nightmare... on repeat. Four coffins. Klaus is in one of them. It's weird."

Klara furrowed her brows and leant forward. "Okay. But, what if it's not just a dream? I mean, usually, when you find something weird... there's more to it."

The Bennett witch appeared cagey but immediately shrugged. "It's just stress. I'll figure it out." She sent a smile to the girls. "What about Stefan? Has there been any sign of him?"

Klara's heart sank at the mention of the Salvatore. Elena shook her head with an unreadable look. "He betrayed us, Bonnie. The Stefan that we know is gone."

Bonnie glanced over to Klara, who looked almost disgusted by what had just left Elena's mouth. The blonde refused to believe that Stefan—her Stefan—was gone. "Uh, I... I'm gonna have a grab another drink."

Klara lifted herself up from the table and walked over to the bar. "Hey. Another Whiskey, please." The bartender nodded in compliance with Klara's order before her eyes fell on Damon, who was playing a game of darts. "Still want me to be your drinking partner?"

"My guess is all that alcohol you've drunk isn't because Klaus is still breathing air?" Damon held the dart within his hand but turned to look at the blonde. He could see she looked somewhat distressed and he assumed it was because of his brother. "Well, all aboard the fun-brother train. Population: Me."

"You're in no position to lecture me on day-drinking when you're slurring your words like that." The blonde raised an eyebrow toward him. "Are you okay?"