𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER ELEVEN | OUR TOWN

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

CAROLINE'S BIRTHDAY WAS CELEBRATED AS A NATIONAL HOLIDAY. Caroline Forbes's birthday was an event that required much planning and preparation, and Klara couldn't wait. She and Elena were outside Caroline's locker decorating it while Bonnie showed up with a banner in her hand.

"Hey. Sorry, I'm late. I—uh, got held up." Bonnie stated, her eyes shifted toward Klara, who knew why she was late. She met her at the Old Witch house with Damon and Stefan to try and open the locked coffin Klaus had been keeping.

"Don't stress. I'm actually the only one that managed to get here on time." Klara waved it off as she hung a banner over the front of Caroline's locker with a smile.

"Can you hand me the balloons?" Elena asked as Bonnie grabbed the four balloons that were tied together from the ground. "Thanks. What got you running late?"

"I was—" Bonnie awkwardly shuffled as she watched the brunette hang the balloons over Caroline's locker. "—working on some new spells. You?"

"Working out with Alaric." Once Elena had turned back around to face her friend, she saw Bonnie holding up a card that read Happy Birthday Caroline in big letters.

Klara rolled her eyes. She and Elena had a conversation about Damon compelling Jeremy to leave town, to ensure his safety but the girl didn't know how to bring it up to Bonnie. Especially since Bonnie and Jeremy's break up was rather tense. "Okay, so. Elena has something she needs to tell you and she's worried you're gonna freak out." Elena let a small gasp of irritation escape her lips while Bonnie's eyes widened. "What? Look, you need to tell her, Elena."

"Jeremy's going to be leaving town for a while. He'll be staying with some old family friends in Denver until this whole Klaus thing blows over."

The witch furrowed her brows with confusion over her face. "Jeremy wouldn't just leave you to deal with Klaus on your own."

Elena nodded slowly and looked down at the floor guiltily, while Klara folded her arms across her chest. "Damon's compelled him. Elena thinks that it's not safe for him here anymore and, to be honest, I agree."

"The only reason I'm telling you is because I know that you two haven't really worked out your stuff. And I thought maybe you'd want to say goodbye."

Bonnie looked at the two girls and then toward Jeremy who was stood just outside his locker with a friend. The Bennett witch moved past both the two girls and headed over to him.

"That went well." Klara kept her eyes fixed on the girl while Elena pulled her phone from her pocket and groaned. "What? What is it?"

"Caroline." The doppelganger responded simply. "She's not feeling school today and she's heading home. So this—" Elena gestured to the work of art she and Klara had just created on the outer of Caroline's locker. "—was just a massive waste of time."