𝘽𝘼𝘽𝙔

❝to life and it's many challenges along the way, fuck you.❞

Taeyong entered uni with only one goal in mind, to survive. Not coming from the best of homes a young Taeyong would've done anything to escape from it. To staying at the old lady's shop down the street from "accidentally" falling asleep in the playground structures. Anything to escape his sad reality. Finishing at the top of his classes, he went on to join a company right away. It finally felt like life was starting to brighten up for him. But within a person's life, there are obstacles that they would have to face. This was one hard obstacle. Light music filled the cafe and the smell of coffee infested the place. Taeyong sat in a chair across from a young woman with a carrier. From the looks of it, Jiyoo bared a child. "After years, you're finally back." Taeyong broke the awkward silence. Jiyoon nods weakly as she takes in her brother's appearance. He was different from the last time she saw him. Not seeing someone for over a decade, changes are bound to happen.

  He looked like an adult, not the kid she remembered him by. "It's seems that way. We didn't leave on the best terms Taeyong but..." Taeyong scoffed making his sister become quiet. "I didn't leave anything, who does when they basically had nothing? If anything I bet you were doing yourself a favor leaving someone like me behind. Nothing." Taeyong tried his best but he couldn't even look at his sister too long before he felt like breaking down. Anger and resentment filled him and it overpowered the sadness. The little boy who cried out to her when he needed her the most.

  "I was lost for so many years, leaving wasn't the best decision looking back. Even if it was for a short period of time. I always thought I would come back to you sooner but life caught up to me. Next thing I knew, love came around and I found someone." She leaned into the table an arm supporting her head and the other played with the spoon in the coffee mug. Jiyoon sighed and looked at her brother with a sad expression. Taeyong was silent scared to say the wrong thing. "But they passed and found myself right back to where I was, lost."

  "Is she theirs?" Taeyong asked softly looking at the young baby in the carrier sleeping soundly. She looked exactly like Jiyoon, her long lashes and nose were identical to her mother's, other features looked unfamiliar to him. "He left me a piece of him, every-time I see her, I see him. It hurts but I love her more than anything in the world. She reminded me of you especially Taeyong."

  "The first time I saw you in the hospital room with mom, at that very moment only you mattered. I promised that I would take care of you, protect you from harm.." her voice trembled Taeyong watched as tears threatened to spill from her eyes. He wanted to hold her, the resentment washed away.

  "But I didn't do right beside that promise. I
abandoned you." She finally admitted and the words hit Taeyong, his own tears pooled around his eyes. But he quickly snapped out of it when a small whine cried out. Jiyoon lightly chuckled and quickly wiped the tears with her sleeve. It was there when Taeyong saw the bags under her eyes, she looked completely exhausted.  "It's like she knows when mommy's sad." She held the baby girl against her chest, snuggling into her. "I'm gonna miss her so much." She whispered.

  "What do you mean?" Taeyong was confused by what she had just said. Jiyoon takes a moment before answering her brother. "Taeyong, I'm dying." Those words that came out his sister's mouth went in slow motion. The news she'd given to him hard to process.

"What?"

__

A/N: welcome to the rewritten version of my old book "OFFICE BABY" it's going to be a fucking ride and I hope you're all ready. I know it's been a while since I've put my old book on hiatus and you all are feening for me to finish it. But it didn't feel right especially with the way it was written. I didn't like it and it will haunt me forever but you all wanted me to keep it posted, that is what I will do.

I'll be posting updates on more of my time and I'm sorry but I don't do well with deadlines or set schedules but I know you all understand me. I'm gonna be pushing myself to actually finish this book. So you all cheering me on and tuning into my updates always gives me that motivation!!

Please leave your thoughts on this prologue and the change in writing. Your thoughts are always appreciated in the comments <3