Chapter One

The deadliest man in Seoul smiles down at his young son as he shifts from foot to foot. "Yoongi," his baritone voice echoes down the empty hospital hall. "What is the matter?"

"What if she doesn't like me?" Yoongi looks up at his father, a clear pout on his lips. "What if she cries when I hold her? What if she refuses to look at me? Or worse, I drop her? Then she'll really hate me."

Mr. Min chuckles, swiftly picking up Yoongi, "She's going to love you. You are her older brother." He taps the boy's nose. "If you drop her, however, your mother will be a lot angrier than Areum, and so will I. You have to be very careful when you have her in your arms. A baby doesn't really understand much, as they have to be taught, so you have to show her the ropes. Can you do that?"

"Yes," Yoongi firmly nods. "And I won't drop her."

"Good, because that's your job as an older brother. You must do everything in your power to protect your baby sister. There's no limit to what you can do to ensure her safety. She's the only one you have to worry about in this crazy world. Until you find the love of your life, but that's years away."

"Is mom the love of your life?"

"Of course," Mr. Min brushes hair out of Yoongi's eyes. "Your mother is the most important person in my life, along with you, and now Areum. I do everything in my power to protect you three. Nothing will ever hurt any of you. Soon that will be your job."

"I'm up for it," Yoongi straightens his back. "I'm a big boy."

Another deep chuckle rings out through the hall. "Ah, Yoongi, you are going to be a great big brother. You're already showing how capable you are, and I know you're caring. Always being the one to take care of the puppies back home."

"They just make me happy. Their cute barks, and how little they are."

"Then you'll love Areum," Mr. Min presses his lips to his son's forehead. "And she'll love you."

The door to the hospital room that holds Mrs. Min and the newborn Areum swings open, revealing a smiling nurse.

"She's asking for two men that she loves very much," the nurse steps out of the doorway. "Her words, not mine."

Mr. Min sets Yoongi on the ground, "Thank you for all your help tonight."

"It's a pleasure," she bows to the man who could wipe her from existence. "The perfect patient, and no complications at all."

"Yoongi, let's go meet your baby sister," Mr. Min pats the top of his son's head, and the two of them head into the room.

The door is closed by the nurse outside, and the newly family of four is left alone for the first time.

"Yoongi, honey," Mrs. Min's voice is soft. Her tired smile giving away how much she wishes to sleep. "Come meet Areum. Come meet your baby sister."

Yoongi cautiously walks over to the hospital bed that his mother is lounging in, afraid of waking the sleeping baby in his mother's arms.

Mr. Min leans back against the door, a loving smile on his face as he looks over at his small family.

"Don't be scared, she can't bite," Mrs. Min softly chuckles. "Come sit on the edge of the bed, so you can hold her. You want to hold her, don't you?"

"Yes, very much," Yoongi bobs his head a few times.

"Get up here then, silly."