part six

the pogues were huddled inside of the chicken coop after having to escape through the window of the chateau

"so um," jj cleared his throat, "what- what do we do now?"

john b shook his head, trying to regain his thoughts and bring himself out of his state of shock. he glanced over at pope who just shrugged his shoulders, giving him a clueless look.

"we can't stay here," pope mumbled.

"well then where the hell are we supposed to go?" john b asked.

"we can..." kiara faltered, wiping a tear from her cheek, "we can go to my house."

"your house?" john b questioned the girl. "are you sure that's a good idea?" the brunette boy glanced over to jj wearily.

"yeah. yeah it's fine," kiara muttered before crawling out to exit the chicken coop.

the crew hesitantly made their way over to the van and piled in. they drove to the carerra's house in complete silence, all of them still shaken up from the events that just occurred.

"my parents aren't here, they're both at the restaurant," kie said as the four of them approached her front door. "i'm not sure about...." the girl's voice trailed off when she saw riley sitting at the kitchen counter with sarah, "riley."

riley turned to her sister and the three boys behind her, her eyes immediately narrowing at the crew. she quickly returned her attention back to the blonde girl that was sat beside her.

"sarah can you go sit on the patio? i'll be right out," riley smiled at her friend. sarah did as she said and as soon as the door had closed behind the girl riley whipped around to face her sister. "what the hell are you doing here?"

"i live here?" kiara snapped.

"and you brought them along because..?" riley pressed.

"because they're my friend's," kiara said, "you have a friend over, don't you?"

riley rolled her eyes at her twin's tone, she knew how much kiara hated sarah. she studied the three boys standing before her quickly, avoiding making eye contact with the blonde.

"why do you all look like you've seen a ghost?" riley asked the group. "and why is your face all red? were you crying?" she scanned over her sister's face, concerned at her red eyes and tear stained cheeks.

"we're fine," kiara stated, tersely. 

riley narrowed her eyes at her sister before she turned around and hummed, walking towards the door and out to the patio.

"sorry about that," she said as she joined sarah on the couch.

"it's no big deal," sarah replied, "i know how much your sister hates me though."

"yeah because she's a bitch," riley said, making the blonde giggle.

"aren't twins supposed to be inseparable? like have twin instinct or something like that?"

"yeah well... not us," riley sighed.

sarah hummed in response, not wanting to press any further on the topic. "hey how's your scholarship thing going?"

"good i guess," riley shrugged. "my mom's been a real bitch about it though."

the two continued to chat, trying to tune out the loud voices and laughter coming from the kitchen.

"what do you keep looking at?" riley asked the girl in front of her.

"hm?" sarah said, coming out of some sort of daze. "i'm not looking at anything."

"yeah you are," riley grinned. "is it john b? are you looking at john b?"

"wha- no.. i-" the girl stammered. "what makes you think i'd be looking at john b?"

riley gave sarah a knowing look, crossing her arms in front of her chest to signify that she wouldn't be letting up until sarah told her what was going on.

"fine fine," sarah rolled her eyes. "he took some of my dads scuba gear yesterday.. well borrowed it."

"like without ward knowing?"

"yeah but its not a big deal," sarah continued, "i told him i wouldn't say anything."

"what are you like into him or something?" riley asked.

"what? no," the blonde scoffed.

"oh you so are," riley teased, "you're totally blushing right now."

"am not!" sarah retorted.

"he's a pogue, sarah," riley reminded her friend. the blonde just shook her head and sighed, ignoring the girl's accusations.

"well then why does the blonde one keep looking at you?"

riley turned her head to look through the glass windows that made up the wall separating the kitchen from the patio. sure enough jj had been looking at her but immediately averted his eyes once the girl had turned.

"i don't know," riley mumbled.

"okay now you are the one blushing," sarah giggled.

"oh shut up!" the brunette said before throwing one of the pillows on the couch at the girl.

"yeah you definitely want some of that action," sarah teased.

"nope," riley brushed off the girl's persistent comments.

"then why are you all flustered?" sarah pressed. "what did you have sex with him or something?"

the blonde had originally asked the question as a joke but as soon as riley's eyes widened sarah immediately knew she had cracked the girl.

"no way!" sarah practically shouted. "no you did not!"

"would you please shut up!" riley hushed the girl.

"oh my god," sarah threw her head back laughing. "you- you-"

"it was a mistake."

"mhm," sarah smirked.

"i was drunk," riley muttered. "now no more discussing this."

"so like..." sarah began. "there's no feelings at all?"

"no."

"right," sarah said, dragging out the word.

"i do not like pogues," riley stated.

"god you are such a kook," sarah laughed at the girl.

"shut up so are you!" riley playfully replied.

authors note:
more jj x riley content to come i promise