part seven

riley walked into topper's house which was already filled with intoxicated teens

riley walked into topper's house which was already filled with intoxicated teens. she was wearing a white mini skirt paired with a brown bandeau.

the living room was littered with red solo cups and beer cans as music blared from speakers around the home. the sounds of girls screaming and laughing bursted through riley's eardrums as she entered.

"riley!"

the girl's eyes scanned over the living room until she spotted the blonde that had called her name. topper had a bright smile on his face with an arm slung around his girlfriend's waist and a beer bottle in his free hand.

"hey t," riley said warmly as she walked over to greet her friends.

"you want some of this?" the tall brunette next to topper pushed a red solo cup in her face, which she rejected by putting a hand up.

the boy was sarah's brother, rafe, also one of topper's best friends. riley was good friends with him, although she thought he was a bit arrogant at times and she found it strange that he was so much older than the rest of them.

"hey riley wanna do some shots together?" kelce called out from across the kitchen.

"well if you insist," riley let out a small laugh before telling sarah she would hang out with her later on in the night.

she followed kelce towards the large marble counter that sat in the middle of the kitchen.

riley scanned her eyes over the many bottles in front of her before deciding on vodka for her first round of shots. she knew she would probably get a ride from sarah or whoever was sober when she wanted to leave, so she didn't mind letting herself get drunk tonight.

"hell yeah!" she heard screams around her after downing her third shot. deciding she needed a small break, riley wandered outside to the pool area where she sat on the edge and dipped her feet into the water.

suddenly loud screams filled the air and riley let her gaze follow the voice until her eyes laid upon sarah and topper who were on the roof. they were both stripped down to their bathing suits and laughing uncontrollably.

"am i already that drunk or are sarah and top about to jump off the roof?" riley mumbled to the boy that had just sat down next to her.

"nope they are in fact about to do that," rafe chuckled. she turned her head to face him. although she hadn't consumed that much liquor yet, she began to giggle to herself at just the sight of him.

"something funny?" he said, gently nudging riley in the side with his elbow.

"how does it feel reliving your high school years rafe?" she asked the boy, a smile playing on her lips. "you know, hanging out with a bunch of 16 year olds at the golden age of 19."

rafe kicked his foot up in the water to splash the girls legs, offended by her comment.

"well what would the party be without me?" he grinned. riley pretended to think deeply as she furrowed her brows and tapped a finger on her chin.

"a safer place," she finally said. rafe dug a finger into the brunette's side making her squeal and jump slightly.

riley's eyes widened as she glanced up to the roof again, where sarah was now in topper's arms. rafe and riley quickly got up from their seat by the pool in fear of getting splashed by the couple who was soon to jump. sure enough as they made their way to the grass, a large splash came from the pool as the two blondes landed in the water.

"i'm gonna go get a drink," riley told the boy before walking away to go find topper.

"see you later riles."

she quickly approached the blonde who was rubbing a towel over his head after getting out from the pool.

"hey t, do you have any tequila?" riley asked.

"tequila?" topper looked at her bewildered. "are you trying to like blackout tonight?"

"something like that," the girl mumbled, although she didn't think he had heard her.

"i think there's some in the cabinet to the right of the dishwasher," topper hesitantly told riley. she offered him a smile before turning on her heel to head towards the kitchen.

"hey," topper called after the brunette, "drink responsibly."

and responsibly she did not because within a couple of hours the girl was drunk out of her mind. she carelessly decided not to pour the liquor into shot glasses but instead connect her lips straight to the mouth of the bottle.

"shit," the girl mumbled to herself as she watched sarah quickly run out the door. there goes her ride.

sarah looked distressed but riley didn't think she was physically able to go and run after her friend at the moment.

the brunette looked around, quite aware that the people who were left in topper's house were either drunk, or creepy horny boys that she did not want to get in a car with.

"shit," the girl mumbled again, unsure of what she should do. she bit her lip before pulling out her phone. barely able to read the screen due to her disfigured vision, she scrolled through her contacts slowly before finding the number and pressing the call button.

after about five rings the person on the other end finally picked up.

"what do you want?" the girl on the line snapped.

"kiara," riley slurred, "i need you to come pick me up."

authors note:
shitty chapter... next one is fun though