part eight

kiara was well into her fourth beer of the night, happily tipsy as she would call it; however, her friend's would prefer the term drunk

kiara was well into her fourth beer of the night, happily tipsy as she would call it; however, her friend's would prefer the term drunk. she could handle her weed well but not her alcohol.

kie was surrounded by her friends, sat in front of a fire pit at the chateau, when she heard her phone begin to ring. she groaned loudly as she picked up the device and held it to her ear.

"what do you want?" kie snapped.

"kiara," riley slurred, "i need you to come pick me up."

"come pick you up? is this a joke?" kiara grumbled.

"kie i'm r-really really drunk," the twin stammered over her words through the phone. "i'm at toppers."

"riley i'm not-"

"please kiara," the girl begged.

"fine whatever," she finally agreed and hung up the phone. although she did not want to help her sister, she would never be able to live with herself if something bad had happened to riley because she didn't go and get her. 

kiara got up from her seat and had to steady herself before beginning to walk towards the van. the world was spinning before her but she tried to just push the feeling away.

"hey hey hey," jj ran over to the girl, "what do you think you're doing?"

"i'm going to get my dumbass sister from topper's house" kiara grumbled.

"uh no you're not," the blonde said.

"excuse me?"

"uh first off your drunk," jj said. "and secondly i think sometimes you forget that you don't have your license."

"oh screw that, who needs a license. i drive around all the time," the girl smirked.

"yeah well you're not driving drunk," jj said, crossing his arms and leaning his back against the car door. "i'll go pick her up."

"oh yeah so you can go fuck her again?" kie snapped.

"kiara," jj groaned.

"whatever, i'm joking," the girl said. "but be back in a half an hour or i'll kill you."

"yes m'am," the blonde saluted her before climbing into the van. he hadn't had any beers that night, so the boy was sober.

as he pulled up to to topper's mansion he immediately regretted his decision of offering to pick riley up. he hadn't taken a moment to think of how awkward this whole situation was about to be.

riley was sat on the front steps of the house, slumped over with the side of her head in her hand.

"riley!" the blonde called out.

the girl instantly shot her head up and squinted her eyes as she looked at the van. she pushed herself up from the cement stairs and stumbled over her feet before finally reaching the vehicle.

"oh god it's you," riley groaned as she looked at the boy who's arm was propped out on the window sill.

"what a lovely greeting," jj said sarcastically and the girl climbed into the passenger seat. she immediately curled up in a ball, putting her head down into her arms.

"why did she s-send you?" the brunette grumbled.

"only one sober enough," jj chuckled as he pulled the car away and started to drive.

"you? sober? how unheard of," riley said.

"funny," the blonde deadpanned. "nice of you to tell kiara what happened by the way."

"wayyyy too drunk for this right now," riley groaned.

"you know she slapped me," jj informed riley who let out a snort in response. "hey, not funny."

"just a little," the brunette giggled, holding up her pointer finger and thumb in a pinching motion.

the blonde just scoffed, deciding to let the girl sit in peace with her drunk thoughts.

"jj," riley finally said after some silence.

"yeah?" he replied.

"i'm gonna need you to pull over," she mumbled.

"pull over? why do you need me to-"

"jj, pull over!" the girl practically yelled. as soon as he did what she had asked, riley shoved open the car door and threw up into the grass beneath them.

"oh," jj mumbled, "shit."

riley wiped her mouth once she was done emptying the contents of her stomach. she pulled the car door shut and sat back in her seat, closing her eyes. then suddenly, she started giggling; just laughing hysterically out of the blue.

"um.. why are you... why are you laughing?" jj hesitantly asked the girl.

"b-because i'm drunk," the girl began, still giggling, "i'm really drunk because i drank a whole lot of tequila at a stupid party and you... you of all people, came to pick me up. and i just threw up on the side of the road in this stupid infamous van that you all are always driving around-"

"alright, i'll take it," the boy chuckled a bit along with the girl, admiring her as she sat in the passenger seat, drunkly laughing. letting his gaze linger on the brunette for only a moment longer, he finally started the car again and drove off to the carrera's house.

"thanks," riley mumbled before slipping out of the car, not gracefully in any sort, and stumbling across the grass. 

the blonde watched the girl walk away but as soon as she fell into the grass he hopped out of the van immediately to go help her up. he grabbed one of her hands, pulling the girl to her feet.

"i'll uh walk you in," jj said.

riley only hummed in response and the boy placed his hands lightly on her hips as he stood behind her, so he could maneuver her through the house.

"bet you remember which one it is," riley giggled once the two had gotten into the house and up the stairs.

"yup you are definitely drunk," jj mumbled as he turned riley's body to the right, opening a door that he was hopeful lead to the girl's room. he let out a breath once they reached the bed and the girl flopped onto it.

"you alright?" jj asked.

"mhm," riley smiled as she closed her eyes and curled up into a ball on the bed.

jj let his eyes remain on her for just a second before turning around and heading out of her bedroom and back to the van.

authors note:
i'm starting to have doubts about this book:(
i've already written 30 chapters (in my drafts) and i really really like the later chapters but i feel like the beginning is boring...