part eleven

riley absolutely despised golf, she never understood the joy that it brought to her friends

riley absolutely despised golf, she never understood the joy that it brought to her friends. but here she was with topper and rafe at the golf course.

truthfully, riley didn't want to be home today so she didn't have to face kiara. she had been holding a grudge since finding out about riley and jj.

topper claimed basically dragged her along to the course once she had shown up at his house that day.

"man that party was insane!" topper grinned at his best friend. "i mean my first thought when i did the line was bro do we have enough? it was crazy!"

"i know right? that was good shit," rafe said before grabbing a club out of his carry bag.

"are you serious right now t?" riley scoffed. she never pegged the blonde to ever do drugs.

"what?" topper looked at the girl cluelessly.

riley just rolled her eyes and turned to rafe. "see this is what i mean when i say it would be a safer place if you were not around."

"oh but come on," rafe nudged the girl with a stupid grin spread across his face, "where's the fun in that?" and with that rafe swung his club, hitting his ball to land right near an old man that was also on the course.

"good one," riley teased. "hey i left my phone in the golf cart. i'm gonna go run back and get it. i'll be quick." riley turned her back on the boys and began to walk towards the small vehicle that was parked a little while away.

"hey come on now!" the old man yelled because of rafe's terrible swing.

"shut up!" rafe shouted back. "shouldn't be taking so long anyway- woah woah woah."

"what?" topper turned to look at what had suddenly caught rafe's attention. in their view, pope was carrying a shopping bag and a crate of beer along the trail.

"i don't think he's a member do you?" rafe questioned, watching pope who was minding his own business.

"it's fine, just let him go," topper brushed off his friend and attempted to turn around before rafe grabbed his arm.

"they put a gun to your head bro," the boy reminded him.

"that's fine. it's fine. let's go." topper shrugged but rafe ignored him and began to walk towards the pogue. topper attempted to stop him by calling out his name, however the boy didn't listen.

"hey what's up man? how much for one of those beers?" rafe asked, pointing to the crate with his golf club.

"they're not for sale," pope muttered.

"oh wait wait wait. you can just give give us one then, right?"

"or you can order one like everyone else," pope shrugged.

"listen, you're not listening to me. you've got so many bro, and we've got nothing," rafe continued to banter.

"they're not even mine. they're already paid for," pope said.

"already paid for? what the hell? probably stole them right?" rafe said as he used his golf club to break the bag.

"what the hell? you owe me for that!" pope shouted angrily.

"dude i don't owe you shit, pogue," rafe taunted.

"you guys are freaking crazy!" pope shouted as topper pulled one of the crates from his hands, making pope fall to the ground.

riley heard someone angrily shouting as she was walking back from the golf cart. when she didn't see rafe and topper where she had left them, the girl was instantly worried they'd gotten themselves into trouble.

she began to jog over from where she heard the noise and the first thing she saw were the two boys standing over someone else but she couldn't make out the face.

rafe swung the end of the gold club into the boy's stomach just as he had stood up. once the boy had toppled over and riley got closer she was able to make out that it was pope, kiara's friend.

"rafe! topper! what's going on?" riley yelled at the two.

"pougey here wouldn't give us any beer," rafe smirked at the girl before returning his attention to the groaning boy.

"rafe come on, leave him alone," riley urged. she glanced over at topper with a pleading look on her face but he looked just as helpless as she probably did.

"stay down bitch!" rafe shouted to pope before slamming the club down next to pope's head.

"dude!" riley screamed, immediately going to stand in front of rafe and putting her hands on his chest so she could push him back. "rafe, walk away."

the boy just looked at her with angry eyes, smoke practically blowing out of his ears.

"walk away, " riley repeated herself, emphasizing each of her words.

rafe scoffed before finally turning around and walking back up to the course, topper sheepishly following behind him with his head down.

"you coming?" topper turned around once he realized that she wasn't following him.

riley glanced back at pope wearily who was sat up now and looking at her without any expression on his face but pain.

"uh yeah," riley said, turning her attention back to her friend, "coming."

authors note:

i like the next chapter tehe
hint: jj and riley content