[10] ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴛᴏᴡɴ

Note: Written for me by the amazing Kat a.k.a. _wienersoldier

"I have a hotel room ready for us, we'll be okay and we'll be free from this hell,"

+++++

You've never wanted anything more than to leave the town of Everoaks. This town wasn't your average community, in fact, it was anything but average. The people who occupied the many shabby homes constantly put you in fear. With a single vote you could be sent off to live on the streets while they raid your personal belongings. It's fucked up. Your parents were unfortunate and the town council decided they didn't contribute enough.

There's a reason we don't have any tourists.

Crime was legal, as long as the council approved it, anything could happen whether it was good or bad. While life had a way of bringing you down, there was one thing you'd had no matter what.
Alex.

The brunette has been your best friend for as long as you can remember, the two of you stuck like glue through thick and thin.

And finally, you two would be free.

You shoved your charging cords and favorite clothes items into a medium sized duffel bag and scanned the room, making sure you had everything you needed because there's no way in hell you're coming back. Your EC orbs landed on a certain photograph on your nightstand. Alex had taken you out for Christmas the first year without your family and got a professional photographer. That was the moment you knew you were in love with your best friend. You fell hopelessly deep for the man, but of course you couldn't bring yourself to tell him and ruin the relationship.

Your phone buzzed from your back pocket, alerting you Alex was outside and waiting. The council was currently in a meeting so there's no way they could persuade you two to stay if you got caught.
With a sigh, you closed your room door and hurried down the stairs, your sneakers against the creaky wood creating an echo around the empty house. Alex stood at your doorway with a cheeky smile.

"Hey," He said quietly and grabbed your hand to pull you away from the old building, "Let's go start a new life,"

You laughed and tried to hide your blush, the moonlight lit enough of the dark, empty streets to find your way through the rows of houses.

"What exactly is the plan?" You quicken your pace to keep up with Alex.

"I have a hotel room ready for us, we'll be okay and we'll be free from this hell,"

You looked into his chocolate eyes, noticing an emotion you haven't seen before. He simply nodded and continued dragging you down various streets until you two reached a high-way. You carefully managed to grab a taxi - and still have no idea how - while sitting in silence to your destination.

Alex's warm hand was still wrapped around yours, leaving you in a constant state of euphoria. Alex noticed the effect he had on you, and he speculated the feelings you had caught. He didn't want to act on it, out of fright, but a part of him...wanted to be more than friends.

+++

He checked into the cheap hotel and grabbed the small plastic cards. Your eyes widened when you saw a single bed in the middle of the rather confining hotel room, but relaxed after calming yourself down. If we've slept in the same bed before without issue, what's the difference today?

You sighed, last time you weren't in love with him.

"Are you okay?" Alex asks, wrapping his arms around you and letting his chin rest on your head.

His warmth enveloped your body and drove your emotions insane. You can't do it anymore, you can't just be friends.

"I love you," You mumbled into his chest, wrapping your hands around his neck.

Alex only laughs before whispering a quick I love you too.

"But more than friends," You clarify.

Butterflies immediately fill your stomach. What is he going to do? Is he going to be scared of me? Oh god, am I going to fuck up everything?

"I love you too," He says more confidently and pulls you from his chest, looking into your deep, EC eyes.

For a moment your mind can't grasp what you just heard, does this mean-

Alex cut off your thoughts by placing a quick, soft kiss on your plump lips. The feeling of having his lips on yours sent shivers down your spine.

You needed him.

You crashed your lips onto his, this time the kiss was passionate and needy. His hands trailing down your back while yours tangle themselves into his messy locks, causing the midnight blue beanie on his head to fall off.

You were ready to start your new life.