part thirteen

john b sighed heavily as he looked at the screen alongside pope and kiara

john b sighed heavily as he looked at the screen alongside pope and kiara. all of their faces had been bright smiles just moments ago; but, their upturned lips had all fallen by now.

"its not there," john b mumbled. "just- just pull the drone up."

the pogues has been out on heyward's boat looking for the gold that john b whole heartedly believed was there.

pope and kiara gave each other a sad look as they watched their friend's dreams basically crash and burn before him. jj was still steering the boat but looking back every once in a while in hopes of good news.

"shit," john b breathed out, walking away this time.

"if we charge the battery we can go back down," pope suggested.

"guys we've been through it three times, there's nothing there-" jj began.

"shut up!" kiara yelled at the blonde.

"what? it's true!"

"the gold could be buried! we don't know!" kiara tried to reason.

"if it was there it would've been on the medal detector. okay?" john b yelled. "somebody beat us to it."

"or it was never there," jj mumbled to himself. all four teens groaned as they stood and looked at each other, the boat rocking back and fourth and the dark clouds nearly above them at this point.

"wait..." kiara muttered, coming to a realization. "shit shit shit. jj how fast do you think you can get this thing home?"

"uh i dunno, waves are pretty bad and we're out pretty damn far so-"

"drive," kiara practically demanded. "start the boat. go. i need to get home."

"what? where's this coming from all of a sudden?" jj said as he began to turn the wheel and maneuver his way through the choppy waters.

"th-the storm," kiara breathed out, pulling at her hair. "my sister. i need to be home."

"is this her stupid storm thing?" jj asked.

"it's not stupid!" kiara yelled.

"woah," pope said, snapping his head up. he looked over to john b who looked just as concerned, thinking their two friends were about to begin to bicker again.

"okay okay," jj said, backing off of the obviously flustered girl. "i thought you like hated her?"

"well there are times when i have to look past my hatred," kiara muttered.

"then-"

"just shut up jj and go faster!" kie raised her voice yet again.

"yes m'am," the blonde said quietly.