4

Namjoon picked Yoongi up from his house and they walked to the fair side by side. Namjoon wasn't the wealthiest individual, so he didn't own a car. Yoongi didn't either, but neither of them minded walking.

Yoongi had brought a bottle of strawberry milk for both of them, and they sipped them while they walked. Not much was said, both were kind of nervous.

"So, how come you like the fair so much?" Namjoon questioned, the shorter glancing over at him while they walked.

"I-I dunno. It just makes me happy. There's lots to do and it creates special memories. It's fun." Yoongi mumbled, a blush appearing.

"I was never a huge fan of it, but I know it'll be special if you're there." Namjoon blurted out before he could stop himself. He mentally face palmed.

Yoongi's eyes widened and his blush darkened. He couldn't respond to that, just broken stammers. He bit down on his lower lip and looked away. He was too embarrassed to look at Namjoon.

"Sorry, that was dumb." Namjoon sighed, disappointed in himself.

"N-No...it was sweet." Yoongi whispered, still unable to make eye contact. How was it so easy for Namjoon to make him flustered?

"If you say so." Namjoon chuckled, taking a gulp of his strawberry milk. The bottle was now empty. Luckily, they'd arrived at the fairgrounds.

The two males tossed out their empty bottles and entered the fairgrounds. They got their tickets checked and put on their paper wristbands. Namjoon turned to Yoongi, whose eyes were wandering in awe.

"Where do you want to go first, little one?"

"We can play some games." Yoongi shrugged, eyeing all of the stuffed animals. He looked like he was really excited but trying to hide it.

"Sure, let's try some." Namjoon nodded, hesitantly reaching to brush his hand against Yoongi's. Yoongi's face flushed again, and he slowly entwined their fingers. Namjoon started to blush too. Their hands were made for each other, it felt so right.

Namjoon walked around with Yoongi, stopping to try out any games the two of them liked the look of. They failed all of them, but they were having fun nonetheless. They were laughing and smiling way more than they normally did.

A couple hours in, they stopped for food. Namjoon ordered a funnel cake, and Yoongi got dippin'dots. They chatted at an isolated picnic bench while enjoying their sweets. They talked about their interests and what they wanted to do in the future, places they wanted to go. They both found each other to be very interesting, and they were eager to learn more about each other.

Eventually, they threw away their garbage and started strolling around again.

"Ooh, I'm great at ring toss." Namjoon exclaimed as he spotted a ring toss game.

"Really?" Yoongi asked quietly. He already knew of Namjoon's clumsy nature, so it came to be a bit of a surprise to him.

"Believe it or not, yes. And I can prove it to you." Namjoon smirked, handing the person at the booth a couple bucks. He was handed three rings.

"If you make one, you get a small. Two, a medium. Three, a large." The person said while pointing to the different stuffed animals hung up.

Namjoon concentrated on the glass bottles in front of him, carefully calculating how much force he needed to use while Yoongi watched expectantly. He threw the first, then the second. They both landed around the necks of the bottles. It barely looked like he was trying. He focused and carefully tossed the last one.