YOU MATTER

To the children of those forced to immigrate

For those who wonder who they are.

For those, you are unjustly incarcerated.

For all people of color oppressed somewhere around the globe.

You are important.

You are a priceless gem of this world.

You matter

Ezan is a child of immigration; he is French and part of the nation where liberty, equality, and fraternity are the country's leitmotiv

Ezan is a child of immigration; he is French and part of the nation where liberty, equality, and fraternity are the country's leitmotiv. Ezan sees neither of these principals in the tower of Les Oursons, where police brutality has no limits.

Nor does his mother notice them while cleaning the toilets and offices of a bank for minimum wage where none show any consideration. 

Neither does his father, who cannot show job proficiency, swaps his doctor's blouse, stethoscope, and scalpel for a butcher's knife to cut calves.

Allah is merciful, but how can one keep faith when this is a drawback for integration?

How can one love his heritage and ancestors when ignorant of history? 

Ezan wants to believe in the country's principles of secularism, where faith has no place, and the color of one's skin is not supposed to be an issue. So, Ezan joins the police force.

Rahma Zuri Tesfaye is outspoken; she fears no man, only Allah. Ethiopian-born, she knows who she is no matter the flag she stands under.

Ezan and Rahma meet as teens, but their different convictions set them apart. Years later, the reality of life forces them to cross paths once more. 

Everyone tells Rahma to stay away from Ezan, but no one decides for the woman who always has something to say:

"It's time you started to care, Ezan; it's time for you to love yourself."

The story depicts certain stereotypical misconceptions

Racism: You have the character's biased beliefs and opinions. They are not mine.

Anti-religion: Some characters will also express their opinions about religion, which, I repeat, aren't mine!

Strong language, including offensive terms, might hurt a reader's sensibility. These are only used for the story; they do not reflect my opinions or beliefs.

I'm not a Muslim; please point out any misleading elements about Muslims or Islam. I'm writing this story with my knowledge, which can be wrong. Any constructive criticism is welcome, as I, too, need to be educated.

Other sensitive themes are:
Crime
Violence
Bullying

Other sensitive themes are:CrimeViolenceBullying

No Prophet is 100% fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or events is purely coincidental.

Once, a judge in a Wattpad contest asked me what I desired readers to feel. I want to answer the question for this story.

I was born on the 25th of May, a day like any, except on that same day in 2020 when George Floyd was murdered. I'm French and live in France, but that tragedy touched me. George lost his while I drank champagne and celebrated a new year in my life. I will never forget. Every time I will blow out my birthday candles, I will remember.

With this story, I want people to stand proud. 

And not to be ashamed of their skin, religion, or non-affiliation to standard percepts or aspirations. 

Man's aspirations are unlimited. 

We are our judge, executioner, and the halt to our elevation; greatness is built daily. 

In this tragic year, where many have died of COVID-19 and other sicknesses, where hate slaughtered the lives of many, and grief found residence in everyone's heart, I want every single person to know they count.

I wish for the words to break the boundaries that divide communities. It seems too much, but I have faith in humanity. I have confidence that love and compassion shall overcome.

Thank you.