𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER TWELVE | DANGEROUS LIAISONS

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT WAS THE MORNING AFTER STEFAN AND DAMON'S DINNER DATE WITH KLAUS AND ELIJAH. Klara, Stefan, and Damon were all gathered in Elena's kitchen while they discussed the contents of the sealed coffin. Nobody knew who was inside, but Klaus's paranoia over the retrieval of the coffin made everyone certain that it must've been something important— and it was.

"It was their mother, Esther, who was sealed in that coffin," Elena informed the group. After Rebekah was undaggered the prior night, the first thing the blonde did was go after Elena until Elijah stopped her and informed Elena that Esther was in fact back in their lives.

Klara and Stefan's eyes widened. "As in the Original witch?" That was a phrase they had heard so much during their time with Klaus.

"What? How is she even alive?" Damon gawked with confusion as he looked around the room. "I thought her Hybrid freak-show of a son ripped her heart out thousands of years ago."

"I don't know." Elena shrugged simply. "I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus."

"Including Klaus?" The blonde vampire echoed with her eyes almost widened. They were alluded to believe that whatever or whoever was in the coffin would be able to rid them of Klaus. "You're kidding me. She was suppose to the weapon to help us kill him, not play happy families."

"Well, not anymore. At least, not according to Elijah."

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds," Stefan spoke up. Klara eyed him up and could see the concern on his face.

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon's voice echoed through the room. His eyes darted to Klara who lifted her hand in the air as a sign of agreement.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us." Elena blankly stated though she was interrupted by the chime of her doorbell. "I believe him."

As the doppelganger took herself off to answer her front door, Klara and the Salvatore's exchanged looks. "Do you guys really believe they won't do anything against us?"

Stefan shrugged. "I think we'd be wrong to assume that we're safe." 

A look of confusion fell over Elena's face as she walked back into the kitchen with two envelopes. One had Elena's name written in cursive on the front, while the other had Klara's name. "Uh, Klara... this one's for you." Elena handed the blonde the envelope addressed to her.

Damon furrowed his brows. "What is it?"

"An invitation?" Klara unwrapped the envelope and saw she had exactly the same invite as Elena. "Please join the Mikaelson family this evening at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails, and celebration." The blonde vampire read the invite aloud.