Moving to California

Hey, I'm Lea Dilallo. I'm new here, just moved to San Jose, California, after a major fight with my brother, Donnie. I'm originally from Hershey, Pennsylvania, and let me tell you, California is a whole different world! There is like millions of people in one area of the city, it's like New York, but with nicer people! So anyways, after my plane landed, I gave the moving truck my exact address and decided to stay at a hotel near my apartment I rented out until the truck got here. It should be about 2 days until they get here, so I brought enough clothes, essentials, and stuff that I could fit into a suitcase. The hotels here are pretty fancy, for California anyway. Once the bus from the airport got to my hotel, I hopped off and went upstairs to my room. It was decent, for 150$ a night. I looked around to see what exactly I would need until I got to my apartment. "Ok," I said to myself. "I need to go to the grocery store to get some food, or maybe I could deal with takeout." I looked down at my stomach and saw that it was a little bloated. "Nope. Definitely no takeout until I get to a gym." I sighed. So I got out my phone and made a list of things to get at the nearby Target (Thank God they have those over here!) and then called an Uber. I personally don't really like ubers, but they are sometimes cheaper than buses, so until I have a car, I just have to deal with it. About 20 minutes later, my Uber arrived. "Are you Lea Dilallo?" The driver asked, looking at me in a way that made me rethink my decision. "Um, yes, I am. Can you please drive me to the nearest Target Superstore?" I asked. He nodded, and opened the back door to his car. After about 5 minutes of complete silence, we stopped at a red light and he turned around and looked at me again. I was feeling really uncomfortable. "So, what's a hot chick like you doing riding Ubers by herself? Don't you have a boyfriend to drive you around or something?" I just looked at him in total surprise. "That is none of your business!" I said. "Anyone could have a reason for using an Uber driver! Maybe their car broke down! Maybe they just moved here and they don't have a car! Not every girl has to have a boyfriend, you know. Woman can be strong and live fine without a man!" What I said left him silent, and he turned around and continued driving. I was happy, I got him to shut up with my strong words. But I was never going to tell him the real reason I didn't have a boyfriend. I just got out of a major breakup with one of my long term boyfriends, Jake. It wasn't a good one, which led to the fight with Donnie, because they were best friends. I tried to get it out of my mind, because it just made me feel a little depressed. But the Uber drivers voice drifted me out of my thoughts. "Ok, Miss.Dilallo, we are at your destination. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. I just want to leave things good. Here is my Uber card, so you can rate me when you get home. I will be doing another drive, but my number is on the card, so call me when you are ready to get picked up. Enjoy your time." He handed me his business card, winked at me, then drove off. I just stood there, cloudy headed and confused. I just got to California and I already got a guy hitting on me? I sighed as I walked into the store. I just hoped the ride back was going to be a good one.

Once I was in Target, I felt calmer. There wasn't that many people, and shopping always gave me some kind of peace. I got a couple of food items I knew I would need, 2 cases of water, because you never know what kind of water comes out of that sink, and a few books. I already had enough clothes and shoes, and when I do shop for those things, I go to the high end places. After I paid for my stuff and called the Uber driver, I waited on the benches outside. An half hour later, he finally showed up. "Sorry for the wait, I had that other customer I was telling you about. But now I can take you home!" He said a little too enthusiastically. I sat in the backseat with my bags, placed the water in the trunk, and closed my eyes on the drive back to my hotel. Once we were there, I got out of the car, grabbed my items, placed them on a hotel cart, and turned around to get my wallet. As soon as I did that, I knew it was a bad idea, because I felt a hand feeling around my butt. I dropped everything in my hands and looked at the man. "What the hell is wrong with you??? You are a nasty little pervert, and just because you did that, I'm not paying you any tip, and I'm reporting you to Uber! Good luck trying to get another job!" He was silent for a few seconds, gave me the finger, and drove off, leaving me in front of the hotel.