Predator

(thank you to Zee-my for the beautiful artwork)

~~~

I listened to him singing as I sat on the bathroom counter swinging my legs back and forth, steam clouding the air around me. Out the corner of my eye, I noticed something that marred the pristine plane of the foggy mirror to my left. Turning my head, I saw a heart forming against the glass, with the letters J+B carefully drawn inside.

Aww, that's sweet~

"Babe, can you hand me the other bottle of shampoo? This one is empty," Jin asked, holding the empty bottle in his hand as he extended it beyond the shower door.

I furrowed my brow, looking at the heart once again, focusing specifically on the letter B.

"Trix, did you find the shampoo yet?"

My name is Beatrix, but he has never called me anything other than Trix. In fact, no one has ever actually called me Beatrix. When I was young, my family called me Trixie, but it morphed into simply Trix by the time I was ten years old.

Still staring at the mirror, I bent down and opened the cabinet door to retrieve the new shampoo bottle he had requested. I took the empty bottle from his outstretched hand and handed him the new one.

Dropping the empty bottle into the black metal trashcan, I cringed at the startlingly loud clanging noise it made as it crashed against the bottom.

"Whoa! Shit!" Jin shouted, jumping out of the shower, shampoo running down his face. Water streamed in rivulets down his nude body, puddling on the floor at his feet.

"What the hell happened? Was that sound from inside the house?" The panic in his voice was evident, as he looked wild-eyed around the bathroom, before opening the door to check the bedroom, as well.

I grabbed a hand towel and quickly wiped the drawing from the mirror while his back was turned. I didn't want him to know she had been in our home. At this point, he was afraid of every odd sound he heard and I couldn't blame him.

Jin had a stalker.

He used to be the oldest member of the most famous K-pop group in history. When the group disbanded, Jin thought he would be able to live a mostly normal life.

He was wrong.

Even five years later, their fan base, ARMY, still existed. For the most part, it was great. People greeted him like they knew him, and he happily stopped to talk to them and take photos with them. They were generally very kind and gracious.

And then there was Beth.

She had been a thorn in his side since before the group went their separate ways. It had started out innocently enough with her sending him multitudes of letters and packages, first to Big Hit, and then later, directly to his home. Before long, she was consistently able to get his phone number, no matter how many times he changed it. No one was able to figure out how she did it; she didn't even live in the same country.