chapter 1

In my town there is a story that people tell to the sick children.... the ones who are so sick they die, the story my mother tells me even though I'm 18, the story of the soul guide better known as la guía del alma.

la guía del alma was a man named Sebastian Garcia, they said Sebastian had a daughter named Shiloh and that they called her 'shi'well when Shiloh was six she passed of a unknown sickness Sebastian and his wife Lisa Andrews  decided to get a divorce...... Lisa was sick.... four years after Shiloh died Lisa showed up to Sebastians door crying begging him to let her see Shiloh.... but Sebastian could only hold her face and cry with her. After telling Lisa that Shiloh was gone and he couldn't bring her back.... Lisa left or so he thought she did...only few people know what started the house fire or....who.

I saw him once.... the soul guide i was 16 I had just been told by the doctors I wouldn't live long.... mom had just lost my brother Shaylie Ross In battle.he had just turned 18 when they took him and i had gotten my first tattoo for him a rose he loved roses. I wasn't scared of the soul guide .....I knew he was there for me but i didn't go i told him "not yet ......im not tired yet" I wasn't gonna leave mom i wasn't tired.

When I turned 17 I got worse but i didn't tell her that ...she just lost her baby.....she let me name her you know ..... I named her Kory Angelica.....people say Kory is a nickname for the goddess of spring  Persephone and well mom had a still birth in spring... and it broke her heart. I saw him again, the soul guide this time he talked

"It's time Maxiel"

I cried "No I'm not tired yet.... not now" I wasn't tired I wasn't gonna leave mom not after Kory and Shay did.... I couldn't do that to her.he felt my pain the pain my sickness was causing me...

"The pain doesn't go away max.. there is no cure and it will only get worse.... your body will give up" I couldn't see his face for it was covered by the deer skull mask he wore but i heard the sarrow in his voice

I looked out my bedroom window as I cried "Two years.... I can pull off two years and then my body will be done" he nodded his head a left

I'm 19 now ......my Two years are done and my body aches....

Now I'm ready