01|Exposure

☕🍂 

*Cameron Highlands, Malaysia*

 The breathtaking view of the many tea plantations here made her heart skip a little. The big blue sky was so clear today, Rachel had never seen anything like it yet. Usually her view from her car would be tall buildings covering up the view of the sky. In Kuala Lumpur, it would sometimes be difficult to even look at the moon because of the tall skyscrapers. Rachel now understood why many city people frequently visited Cameron. 

The cold crisp evening breeze that blew down the road, caused a shiver that sent down her spine.  Walking down this wet road made her think to herself that there is a soft voice that was getting louder and louder in her head telling her that moving to Cameron may not have been the best choice.  

Yes the view was breathtaking and all, but besides just site seeing, she didn't know what she was going to do here. 

Cameron was rather a quieter town in Pahang, Malaysia. Besides the tea plantations, strawberry farms and flower parks, Cameron didn't have many attractions. But maybe that's why this town seemed peaceful enough since although there were tourist here and there, the town still managed to keep its peace.

However, Rachel didn't come here for a trip. She was here to start a new life, if she had a chance at it of course. Her hand was becoming colder now since the temperature in this particular state was always cold because of its location 2031 meters above sea level. She felt numb now since dragging her back down the road made her feel even more miserable.

How did she become this jobless, fearless person? I mean fearless would be completely bullshit if she thought so. She even screamed at the dung Beatle that flew by her hat on the way here making her seem like a total idiot to the ongoing cars that passed by her.

But jobless, yes that's the issue.

She was still confused why she thought of even coming here with no plans, her anxiety was to the roof just by thinking at what she was going to do next. Everything feels unsure now.

She felt nauseous now.

To be very frank with you, she didn't know anyone here. She was like a stranger all over again in this seemingly unfamiliar town.

Before coming here, she had a rough idea on what she thought she could try to work as. A store manager, a saleswoman or even as a receptionist? But that all seemed to be flowing down a drain since she realized she had no experience in any of those departments and she felt helpless but she thought maybe there was a chance at it?

She understood that she kinda sounded dumb now at least in her head.

 But she had to admit that this town was very beautiful indeed. She was indeed amazed at the scenery of this town. So maybe it wasn't all that bad of a plan, maybe she could actually try to work this out?

Gosh, finally I've reached. Thank God.

🍁

 She stepped into a beautiful lobby of a hotel. The smell upon entering was exquisite. The white velvet curtains that hung from the tall celling with a magnificent view out of it and the beautiful lavender flowers that laid in their vases, really managed to make Rachel feel like she was indeed on a trip.

 But she then shook her head at the thought of relaxing. 

As she stepped to the front desk, she felt a small lump in her throat since she hadn't really spoken to anyone throughout her journey here, so speaking to someone was going to be slightly difficult for her.

"Good Afternoon, Welcome to Tea Valley Resort. I'm Cynthia Goh and I'll be assisting you today. Can I have your name or booking number?" Asked the receptionist as she smiled brightly.