𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FOURTEEN | THE MURDER OF ONE

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

SINCE KLARA HAD KOL HAD SLEPT TOGETHER, SHE HADN'T SEEM HIM SINCE. Part of her felt relieved that he hadn't made any attempt to speak to her, because she didn't know how anyone else would react. She had essentially slept with the enemy.

She tugged her jacket over her for warmth as she walked through the forest to meet the rest of her friends. "You guys got a text from Stefan, too?" She asked Elena, Caroline, and Matt who all stood clueless.

"Where's Bonnie? I texted her, too." Stefan asked as he and Damon walked into view.

"Uh, Bonnie's mom bailed on her. Again. So I think we should leave her out of this one." Caroline explained to the group who all looked sympathetic for the Bennett witch's situation. Caroline was teaching Abby control, but the woman bailed and left Bonnie broken.

Matt rolled his eyes impatiently. "What are we doing here?"

"We found some more White Oak. Long story. Wait for the movie." The eldest of the Salvatore siblings explained as a smirk swept across his lips.

"Hang on." Elena interrupted. "White Oak? You have a weapon that can kill Klaus?"

"Nope. We all have a weapon." Stefan declared as he tossed a duffel bag that contained countless White Oak stakes at their feet.

"Wait. So you took the sign and made these?" Klara bent down and grabbed hold of one of the crafted stakes that had come from the sign on Wickery Bridge that just so happened to be made of White Oak.

"Klaus has always been one step ahead of us, but now we have the advantage. We're all armed, and they are all linked. Meaning we only need to kill one of them. We need to seize the best opportunity, which means we need to prepare for every opportunity." Stefan explained toward the group who all looked ready.

"Scenario number one—" Damon stepped forward and grabbed hold of Elena and moved her beside Stefan. "—You get to play Klaus."

"Rebekah is our target so we distract her and catch her off guard. To do that we need to keep Klaus separate and occupied." Stefan let his eyes fall on the Forbes girl who stood beside Klara. "Caroline."

An abrupt sigh escaped the vampire's plump lips. "Why have I always have to be Klaus bait?"

"Because he's obsessed with you. But for right now, we need you to play Rebekah." Damon answered plainly and then grabbed hold of Caroline and moved her into the center of the group. "We'll use the quarterback to distract her. Just keep her talking."

"How?" Matt furrowed his brows.

"It's not hard, to be fair, Matt. Just act interested in whatever the hell she's saying." Klara shrugged in the human's direction. Rebekah was easy to keep distracted, especially if a male was giving her the right kind of attention.