an angel and a goddess

an angel and a goddess. they come from completely different worlds. still, they found each other, and that's all that matters.

courtney's mind was filled with funny and obscure thoughts as she looked out the window. she liked people-watching. some found it creepy, others intrusive, but courtney describes it as her just being curious. she watched on as a couple walked, hand in hand, down the side walk. she wishes she'd have that someday.

mari looked over at courtney, she had always been encapsulated by her beauty. she had gorgeous blonde locks that were cut just above her shoulder, always styled in loose curls that framed her face impeccably.

she had the most gorgeous green eyes mari had ever seen. they were the hue of the new spring growth, bright and soft all at once. There were flecks of strength, of the kind of green that comes only as summer advances. And they were never more beautiful than when she cried, when her gentleness flowed over her cheeks, nor when she became the wise woman we came to depend on, decorated with laughter lines.

the light streaming through the window captured courtney's features in such a beautiful way, mari could've sworn she was a goddess, elegant and graceful.

of course, mari had also seen her friend in not so pleasant situations, too. there were times where courtney's usually bright eyes, were bloodshot and puffy. where her hair was a mess, in a sloppy bun upon her head. still, mari thought she looked absolutely breathtaking. how could someone look so irresistible whilst buckets of tears flowed down their face. then again, it was courtney. she always managed to look gorgeous no matter what.

mari, was completely and utterly in love with this girl.

courtney's eyes were drawn away from the bustling city below, to the exquisite woman across the room, looking at her with so much adoration and love, she couldn't quite comprehend. courtney took in her long locks, cascading down her shoulders, dyed a faded purple.

her black eyes. courtney thanks the universe everyday for being able to look into those eyes, for there is beauty in the night, and when they reflect the light they make tiny stars. she thinks the universe knew that mari would have so many colours inside, that her soul would show best through black. she is the rainbow, and the stars.

courtney felt the heat rising to her cheeks when she noticed mari gazing at her.

courtney could never quite figure out mari. she was always fairly reserved around her, but courtney made sure that mari knew she could trust her. that she didn't need to have those protective walls up around her. that she was safe with her.

soon enough, mari's walls had vanished and she let courtney in. courtney had never met anyone as beautifully broken as mari. she had a tough exterior, but on the inside, she was just as broken and hurt, and lonely as courtney was. courtney appreciated mari and her ability to let her in.

courtney only ever used one word to describe mari. angel. she was an absolute angel. courtney could never understand why mari was put on this earth. she was too good for this world. too pure. too innocent. but, she was glad her favourite purple haired girl was here, and with her.

she would never outwardly admit it, but she was, in fact, in love with mari.

the two locked eyes, and the shade of red that already coloured their cheeks grew more intense.

mari cleared her throat, causing courtney to snap back to reality.
"uhm, sorry about that.."

the blondes eyes widened. "what? why're you sorry?"

"i was staring, and i thought it was making you uncomfortable." mari admitted, slightly embarrassed.

"oh, uh, no, it's okay, it wasn't uncomfortable. promise."

"are you sure?"

"i'm sure, mari."

"alright." mari looked away, though she didn't want to.

there was silence between them. not awkward, or uncomfortable. though, there were unspoken words that lingered in the air.

"hey, court?" the purple haired woman turned back to her friend.

"hmm?"

"would you want to, i don't know, get dinner with me?" mari had never asked someone on a date before, let alone someone as beguiling as courtney.

"i'd love that." courtney brushes a stray hair from her face.

a small, hopeful smile replaced mari's nervous one. "okay."

"okay." a smile matching mari's overtook courtney's face, too.

an angel and a goddess. an unusual pairing. they were uncommon. they didn't mind though. they were completely in love with each other, and that's all that mattered.