𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | DO NOT GO GENTLE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

PREPARATIONS FOR THE DECADE DANCE WERE WELL UNDERWAY. Klara and Caroline walked through the gym hall, while Caroline held a clipboard in her hand. The Forbes girl was now in charge of the preparations considering Rebekah hadn't shown up.

"You did, what?" Caroline's eyes flickered between Klara and the decorations that were being hung behind her. "Why the hell would you sleep wi—"

"—Sh!" Klara lunged forward and placed her index finger over Caroline's mouth. "I didn't tell you that so you could tell the entire gym, Caroline." The blonde vampire looked around at the dozens of students in the gymnasium with them. 

Caroline took a breath the moment Klara removed her finger from her lips. "Okay. But, you still haven't explained the, why?"

"Does there need to be a reason?" The Adams girl looked at Caroline who didn't seem to be satisfied with Klara's vague response. "Everything in that department is very complicated and I needed a distraction. Kol served as a distraction—nothing more."

"What's Stefan said about it?" 

"Nothing because he doesn't need to know." Klara grabbed a feather boa from a box and threw it around her neck. "Look, the whole reason I slept with Kol was to try and distract myself from whatever I feel for Stefan, okay?"

"Did it work?" Caroline pressed for more of an explanation.

Klara exhaled and threw the feather boa back into the box with a sigh. "Nope."

"Okay." Caroline shrugged immediately as she placed her clipboard down onto the table. "Then, ask him to the dance tonight."

 "Care, I can't—"

"Why not?"

"Because of Elena!" Klara exclaimed as she flapped her arms around her. "Look, I don't know what's going on with them. To be honest, I don't think either of them knows what's going on with their relationship but I can't just go around stealing my friends'  boyfriends."

Caroline rolled her eyes and grabbed Klara by the hands. "Ask him, Klara. What have you got to lose? Apart from your dignity."

"Thanks, Care." Klara sarcastically rolled her eyes as she walked out of the gymnasium, she heard Caroline's voice call out that she loved her, but Klara just chuckled. She headed into an abandoned classroom as she yanked her phone from her pocket to call Stefan.

"Hey. I didn't see you this morning." Stefan spoke the moment he answered the call. Klara swore that she could hear the smile on his face as he spoke. 

"Yeah, no." Klara hummed. "I had to meet with Caroline to sort out some stuff for the dance tonight."

"Slave labor." The Salvatore chuckled.