Chapter One

Derry, Maine. The city houses one shopping mall. It has many stores--Victoria's Secret, Pink, American Eagle, Bath & Body Works, Kohls, Rue 21, Spencers, etc.--but most importantly (especially to Eddie Kaspbrak) there was a Hot Topic.

*inserts Hot Topic music here*

Hot Topic, the most emo, nerdy, goth places there is, in the world. 

To Eddie Kaspbrak, Hot Topic was a safe place; he visited often. Sometimes he bought a lot of things, sometimes he bought a few, sometimes he bought nothing and just browsed the entire store from top to bottom, from front to back.

To Richie Tozier, Hot Topic was a safe place; he just started working there. He found a place that not only allowed piercings and tattoos but encouraged them. Richie currently had spider bites and an eyebrow piercing.

Eddie had Bill drive him to the mall.

"Thanks for driving me, Bill," Eddie thanked Bill.

"N-no problem, E-Eddie," Bill replied as he parked the car in the parking garage.

Bill and Eddie got out of the car and walked into the mall. Eddie was on his phone checking for messages.

Hot Topic was near the entrance but Bill said, "Let's go to Zumiez first."

"Okay," Eddie said, "as long as we get to go to Hot Topic eventually."

"Of course," Bill said.

The two boys walked to Zumiez and then Rue 21. Bill and Eddie both bought a few things from both stores.

"Hey, I'm going to head to Spencers," Bill said, "why don't you head to Hot Topic while I do that?"

"Okay!" Eddie exclaimed as he was excited to go into his favorite store once again.

Eddie walked in and was instantly in a state of euphoria. Golden Days by Panic! at the Disco was playing on the speakers. A man with a beanie on greeted Eddie.

"Hello, welcome to Hot Topic," the man said, "I'll be around the store if you need anything."

"Thank you," Eddie said just above a whisper. Eddie's anxiety always got the best of him when talking to people he didn't know, even though he saw this worker before.

Eddie walked to the back of the store and looked at all the graphic tees. There was a sign that read, "Buy TWO graphic tees get ONE free." Eddie grabbed an MCR shirt he didn't own yet along with a Green Day shirt and he decided to get a Fall Out Boy shirt as well.

Golden Days stopped playing and Alone In A Room by Asking Alexandria started playing.

Eddie walked over to the pants and shorts and grabbed a pair of $10 short jean shorts that were his size. 

Next Eddie walked over to the jewelry. He grabbed a cat ring, a rainbow pendant, Ouija Board earrings, and planet sigil earrings.

Eddie walked over to the cash register and grabbed a thing of black skull-shaped nail polish as he was almost out of the stuff he had at home. He then set his stuff down and waited. 

The guy at the counter was reading the IDKHOW version of Alternative Press.

Eddie did a little cough to caught the worker's attention. The worker peered over the magazine.

"Sorry about that," he said putting the magazine down, "did you find everything alright today?"

Eddie was in awe. The worker was so hot. He had long curly hair and he had piercings; this was the man of Eddie's dreams.