𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱!

YET ANOTHER TEXT WAS SENT just a few hours later

YET ANOTHER TEXT WAS SENT just a few hours later. it was received by luke troy trotman, who proceeded to read it out loudly to his fellow islanders who waited impatiently. "islanders, tonight each couple most vote for the two couples who they think are the least compatible." loud gasps followed his announcement. they were expecting the hideaway to be open, or a party- something positive. this was very much the opposite.

luke continued. "those who receive the most votes risk being dumped from the island. you must now discuss in your couples who you are going to choose." luke m squeezed eden's hand carefully and buried his face in her neck as he groaned. this was one of the toughest decisions they'd have to make in this villa and it wasn't a pleasant thought to know they'd be losing someone so soon.

"it's bad enough watching our best friends leave- but now we have to make that decision?" luke said, a distraught expression painted on his face.

he led her carefully over to the day bed where they both collapsed in each other's embrace. eden had been slightly frosty towards her partner ever since the challenge but he chose to ignore it and she pushed her hurt feelings aside so they could focus on this impossible task.

"who are you thinking?" she mumbled as he stroked her hair. "i think one of our options is chosen for us." he nodded.

"the fate of our friends lies in our hands. i don't know what we'd do if our friends left because of us." luke sighed.

"paige and finn?" he asked her quietly.

"completely compatible. no doubt about it," she stated instantly. it was true, the scottish girl and the immature boy were surprisingly well suited. it'd be interesting to see how they handled life outside of the villa. "obviously siânnise and luke t is a no."

he let out another exasperated sigh. "so that just leaves molly and callum, mike and priscilla and jess and ched."

"we can't vote molly and callum," eden shook her head. "i know molly is my best friend, but i truly feel like callum has changed for her. he's barely looked at another girl since they recoupled."

"jess and ched?"

eden frowned. "i didn't think they'd get along as well as they do. whilst you were away at casa amor jess genuinely developed feelings for him. and i know he feels the same."

luke toyed with her fingers and made eye contact with the girl beside him. "so that just leaves mike and priscilla." there was a few moments of silence.

she nodded her head slowly. "i don't wanna do this. i feel like a bad person." grabbing her hand, he altered his posture so he was leaning over her and kissed her.

"you are not a bad person. you are one of the most amazing people i have ever met, and i'm so lucky to have found someone like you." he looked at her with such admiration in his eyes that all her doubts about the challenge fell away. nodding her head again, she rested it on his chest and listened to the steady beating of his heart. if she listened close enough, she could almost hear the quiet thumping get faster as traced circles on his arms.