𝙗𝙧𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 (𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝟭?)

"𝙉𝙊 𝙋𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀 𝙊𝙉 𝙋𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀 𝙈𝘼𝘾𝙆𝙄𝙉𝙂," John B stated as he pointed around the group that sat atop their boat, the H.M.S. Pogue. Finally, he pointed to the youngest member of the group. "Especially you!"
     "Hey!" she shouted. "That's not fair!"
     "Did you have plans to break that rule soon?" John B asked, turning his head towards Jade and smirking. She only rolled her eyes and huffed.
     "No," she grumbled.
     "Good." John B just smiled and went back to talking with Pope, who had moved to the other end of the boat with Kiara.
     "It's alright, little sis. He's only trying to watch out for you," JJ said quietly, patting Jade's shoulder. She just groaned and pulled away.
     "You aren't even my brother!"
     "No, but John B is. So I'm legally obligated to follow his orders and commands." JJ laughed at himself.
     "Who said you have to follow what he says?"
     "Uhm, the Pentagon, I think." He smiled and went to talk with his friends on the other end of the boat.

     "𝙒𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀 𝘼𝙍𝙀 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙂𝙊𝙄𝙉𝙂?" John B called from his spot near a window. He was sipping a beer and appeared to be watching the chickens.
     "Out," Jade answered.
     "No." John B simply just shook his head and kept drinking from his glass bottle while he looked outside.
     "Uhm, yes!" Jade pulled open the Chateau's door and headed down the steps and toward her bike that was laying on the ground. Unfortunately, however, John B decided to follow her,
     "Get back here!" John B said, motioning her back towards the front door. His sister sighed and got on the bike, slowly peddling over to him.
     "What?" the girl huffed, putting a foot on the ground beside her.
     "Where did you plan on going?" John B smiled what Jade would say is his signature annoying big brother smirk.
     "To a friend's house?"
     "No."
     "Uhm, yes," Jade corrected.
     John B took another swig of his beer. "You've never gone over to a friend's house. Your friends are the other Pogues, and you don't hang out with them unless I'm around."
     "Well, maybe I'm picking up a new hobby."
     "What, having friends?"
     "Jerk!" Jade smacked his arm and narrowly avoiding hitting his drink.
"So, are you going to tell me where you are actually planning on going?" John B rested a hand on the handlebars to block any escapes.
"No. It's kind of none of your business!" Jade snapped.
"Kind of is, actually."
She sighed and thought for a second before coming up with an idea. "Well..."
"Well what?"
"See you later!" She snatched the beer and tossed the bottle out of his hands in one easy motion. Her brother quickly pulled his hand off of her bike in shock, opening up her chance to leave. Jade took the opportunity and rode off.
"Get back here!" John B yelled at her.
"See ya!" She waved at him and she sped down the rode and away from the Chateau.
"Sisters," John B mumbled and shook his head, hurrying back inside.

"𝙂𝙐𝙔𝙎, 𝙅𝘼𝘿𝙀 𝙍𝘼𝙉 𝙊𝙁𝙁," John B texted to his friends. "Let me know if you see her around town somewhere."
     Jade, however, was smiling softly to herself as she rode her bike to a quiet strip of the beach where her surfboard was buried under a large pile of sand. Although she knew John B wouldn't mind her going surfing, she didn't want it to turn into a Pogue thing. If she said she was going somewhere, it normally did.
But, when she was close enough to the beach to see the waves, her bike hit a rock, and she went flying over the bike's handlebars.
     "Jade!" someone began shouting, and she heard their shoes slapping against the pavement as they came nearer to her. "Jade!"
     "Please not John B," the girl mumbled to herself. But when the figure approached over her sprawled out figure, it was JJ's face that appeared.
     "Jade, you okay down there?" he asked.
     "Fine," she grumbled and got up. She got her bike and began rolling it with her towards where her surfboard was.
     "You have a big cut on your knee," he said, peering down at Jade's leg as he began walking next to her. "Probably shouldn't get in the water with an open wound like that."
     "I'm fine."
     "John B would-"
     "I don't care about John B or what he would do!" she interrupted him. "Just leave me alone, alright? Go talk to John B or one of your friends."
     "I thought we were friends!" JJ shouted after her from where she had left him behind in the sand.
"Not really," she mumbled to herself before dropping her bike into the sand. Not caring enough to see if JJ was still on the beach with her, she began swiping the sand off of her board with the edge of her shoe before pulling it the rest of the way out.

JJ continues watching nervously as Jade was surfing on the waves, which were increasingly getting choppier as the sky got darker. A storm was coming on quickly; JJ was hoping Jade would be smart and get out of the water soon.
     A lightning bolt hit the water from up above, making JJ weary. He knew she shouldn't be in the water with this going on. Eventually, he found the courage to try and talk to her.
     "Jade!" JJ yelled as he approached the water. "Jade, you need to get out of the water now!"
     Jade only sighed as she waited for the next wave to come in. When she saw a big one coming, she finally stopped ignoring JJ's shouts and turned to him. "You aren't my mom!"
     He sighed and looked around. None of his friends were around to help him out with this, and he didn't know what to do. He looked back over to Jade and saw the wave-which was increasingly getting choppier and harder to surf-pushing her and her surfboard closer to the shore. His breath hitched as he saw her board lurch to the side and eventually gave into the water's force, knocking her into the water.
     "Jade!" JJ roared over the sound of the raging water. He looked around, but she hadn't come up yet. He hurriedly pulled his shoes off and dove into the water to try and find her. He swam and swam and searched for her in the darkening water while praying that the storm wouldn't get any worse.
"JJ!" he heard a scream and turned to find Jade's head bobbing up and down in the water a good distance away from him.
"I'm coming!" he shouted, hoping that she heard him. He began swimming in her direction under the force of the water pushing against him.
When he got over to where Jade was before, she wasn't in the same spot anymore; he looked around quickly as the rain picked up force and saw her in between him and the shore, crawling back onto the board.
"Get on!" she called to him as he approached her. She pulled him up by his arm, and he swung his leg over the side.
"I was trying to help you," he gasped.
"And yet here I am, saving you." He smirked as she began moving back towards the shore, the rain picking up force as they moved along.