part twenty one

"there's no way i'm climbing up there in this dress," riley huffed

"there's no way i'm climbing up there in this dress," riley huffed. the three teens had crept across the yard once they arrived home. and the twins had been fighting for nearly five minutes about the best way to get inside. kiara insisted on going in through riley's bedroom balcony, but the other sister disagreed.

"do you want to never see the light of day again? cause that's what'll happen if mom and dad find us right now," kiara hissed.

"well we wouldn't be in this position if it wasn't for you and your friends," riley said

"you're one to talk," kiara gritted.

"you know what? i am so sick of-"

"stop," jj hushed the two girls. they both snapped their heads in his directions before turning to face one another again.

"fine, what's your plan genius?" riley asked her sister.

kiara eye's made a path from the ground to the balcony. "step onto the breaker box, then the top of the first floor window, then grab onto the bottom of the balcony and lift yourself up."

"heels. i am wearing heels kiara," riley groaned.

"well then take them off!" kie snapped. "jj, you go first."

"why do i have to go first?"

"um one, to see if it's safe. and two, so you can't see up our dresses when we go," kiara said, making the boy chuckle which only earned him a smack on the back of the head.

"fine, fine," he grumbled before stepping up closer to the house and hoisting himself up onto the box. with careful maneuvering, he finally pulled himself onto the balcony and swung his leg around the siding.

kiara then made her way up, and finally riley. riley nearly slipped when she gripped onto the edge of the balcony but jj caught her hand  out of instinct. her head snapped up at the sudden touch but she didn't argue when he helped pull her up.

"thanks," she mumbled once she was up on the railing.

"not a word when we get in," kiara whispered. "jj you can stay in the guest room." he nodded his head before they all crept into the house and quickly went their separate ways.

riley flopped onto her bed once the other two had exited her room. the girl didn't even have the energy to take off her dress at the moment. she was lying across the center of the bed, her legs dangling off the side, and all she wanted to do was just stare at the ceiling and let her mind run blank.

a half an hour must have gone by before she heard a small knock at her door. she held her breath as she tilted her head back to watch the door handle turn, figuring that it must be her parents. however the boy that slipped into the room was most definitely not her father.

"jj?" she asked, not bothering to move from her position on the bed.

"uh hi," he whispered.

"what are you doing?" riley questioned.