Know You

* In the previous chapter, for those who didn't know what DID stands for, DID is Dissociative Identity Disorder. Now, continue with the story below! :)

"So, during the interview today, he was..how should I say? In a great condition? Yeah, like that. We started with the interview, talking just like friends but then, he started to change when he was trigged by this one question.", I ended. I didn't tell him the whole story because I don't want Yoongi to know about him hurting me because I'm afraid Yoongi is going to go after him. Although my brother seems weak, when someone hurts me, he can turn into a beast.

"Alright, so that's it? He changed?", Yoongi asked and I nodded. "How and what do you mean by change?", he asked again. "He became another person.", I answered. "I think he has DID, oppa.", I spoke up my thoughts but my brother has no reaction at all. As if I was right. Why is he not reacting? Am I right about this?

"What do you know about a person who has DID?" Yoongi asked. Okay, he's very serious right now and I'm scared. "From what I know, a person with DID happen to have two or more personalities in them. They're often associated with overwhelming traumas or abuse during childhood. That's basically what I know about people with DID. Is it correct?", I answered him. "Wow, I'm impressed. Did you do some studies about it?", he asked. "Well, I did some research while I was at the lobby.", I answered confidently. "Okay, so what you said was correct. But for you to assume someone with DID is wrong because it is not that easy.", he spoke up. "Tell me, how do you diagnose someone with DID?", I questioned him.

"To diagnose someone with DID, you need to have all their health history. Like what you've said, DID are associated with traumas or childhood abuse, but they can also happen due to biological factors. They are a lot of symptoms that we have to observe to be able to diagnose a person with DID. Plus, we need to do clinical evaluation and conduct interview with the patient's family and friends. So, to diagnose someone with DID isn't easy but it requires a lot of procedures. By then, we can diagnose either the person has DID or not.", he explained clearly. I'm very impressed by my brother because I've never had this kind of talk with him before.

"Impressive.", was all I can say. "What?", he looked at me with a curious look. "You sound so professional that got me so impressed by you.", I answered which made him sneer. "Well, you never know how pro is your brother until now, right?", he asked with a proud smile. "I approve that. But anyways, I think I saw Jungkook here.", I added. "You saw him here? Where?", my brother asked. "At the lobby, when I was lining up to use the vending machine.", I answered.

"That's just another guy who looks like him.", he spoke up. "You know I have quite a strong instinct, right?", he chuckled. "What are you now? A superhero?", he makes fun of me. I sighed and rolled my eyes at him as he is being so annoying. "Let me just go home and rest.", I stood up and took my canned drink. "Yah! Don't be sulky. I was just kidding, okay?" he chuckled. "Good bye.", I turned my back and walked away. Not to be dramatic, I was serious about the things I told him about Jungkook but he takes it as if it's a joke to him.

"Yoonji-ah!", I heard my brother's voice echoing through out the corridor. I stopped in front of the lift that I was going to enter. I heard his footsteps getting closer to me. Then, a sweaty Yoongi stood right beside me. Serves you right, bro. Do you think you can mess with me just like that?

"Yah. Please don't be like this. I'm sorry, okay?", he spoke after he took a deep breath. He is such a weak guy with low stamina. I should ask him to jog with me at least twice a week. "Yoonji.", he called my name. "What?", I lower down my ego and gaze at him who is standing on my right side. "I'm sorry.", he apologized. "Will you forgive me?", he spoke again. "I will forgive you only with one condition.", I lied. I will always forgive you, Yoongi. You're my brother anyways.

"What is it?", he asked. "Help me to solve this whole Jungkook mystery.", I answered. He went silent for a moment. "What do I get when I help you with that?", he asked again. "I'll forgive you.", I answered short. "You are really my sister.", he said and scoffed. "So, do you accept it or not?", I asked with my arms crossed. He glared at me like a predator. "You better not ask me to do unnecessary things, Yoonji.", he warned. "Don't you worry, bro.", I patted his shoulder.

"By the way, are you running all the way from your room to here just for me to forgive you?", I asked him. "Nope. My work is done so, I'm going home too.", he answered. "Oh, okay." The two of us walked inside the lift and it went to the lobby back. "See you at home.", he bid me good bye as the two of us separated ways. I told him I got some things to handle so, he went home first. I texted Mr. Park to check on Jungkook's condition. After a few minutes, Mr. Park replied saying he is okay. "Thank God.", I released a sigh of relieve. I should investigate more about him. I started my car engine and drive out of the hospital.

While I was driving, I thought of ways to start this small investigation. How am I going to start? Who do I contact to help me investigate? Then, an idea popped up in my head. "Haeun.", I immediately drove my car to Haeun's apartment complex. I know she has contacts to some private investigators since she has done many reports too. "Haeun, I'm at your apartment right now. Which floor are you?", I talked to her through the phone. "What are you doing here? Aren't you suppose to be in Daegu?", she asked. OH SHIT.

"Ah, my brother suddenly have an emergency work here so, I followed him back.", I lied to her. Damn, how many times did I lied today? "Okay, I'm at the fifth floor. House number 501.", she answered. I ended the call and pressed the fifth floor button and waited for the lift to stop. I went out when it stopped at the fifth floor. I looked for her house number and found it on the spot. I pressed the door bell and she opened the door. "Hello.", I waved at her with an innocent smile. "Hi, come in, Yoonji.", she invited me in and I followed her into the house. "Your house looks nice, Haeun. I love the deco.", I complimented. She chuckled. "I used my free time during the weekend to do all this.", she spoke up.

"Have a sit. I'll go get some drink for you.", she went to the kitchen while, I sat on her small couch at the living room. "Oh, I don't know you have a dog, Haeun.", Haeun's dog, a little white poodle dog came next to me. "You should come here often, Yoonji. The last time you came was when I had the house warming party. No wonder you also forget which floor I'm staying and my house number.", I heard Haeun spoke from the kitchen. What she said was true. I rarely socialize with my colleagues because I focus on my work more. For me, socializing with friends is just a waste of time but now that my own close friend has said it, I'll maybe try to socialize more.

"I'm sorry, Haeun.", I apologized. "It's okay, Yoonji. So, why are you looking for me?", she entered the living room and placed my drink on the coffee table. "Okay, I need your help.", I started out. "What kind of help?", she asked again. "I need a private investigator.", I went straight to the point. "Why so sudden?", she questioned me back. "For work purposes.", I answered, hoping she won't ask further. "Wait. Let me get my bag.", she stood up and went to her room. She came back with her bag and sat on the floor.

"Here are some private investigators that I know. I don't know if some of them are still in the business or not but, you can try.", she gave me several business cards and I kept it in my bag. "Have you finished your interview with Mr. Jeon yet?", she asked. I can't tell her about it. "Still waiting for his secretary to call.", I answered and I sipped on the drink she prepared for me. "How was work today?", I asked her back. "Well, everything was good except Madam Jang is desperately looking for you.", she responded. Then, I saw her face expression. She seemed perplexed.

"What is it that is bothering you, Haeun?", I pointed out. "I don't know but Madam Jang seems to be very eager and demanding for you to complete the article as soon as possible. I pity you because you need to work extra hard for her, Yoonji.", she expressed. The curves of my lips went up as I heard those words from her. "I'm thankful to have you as my friend, Haeun.", I spoke up. "You can always count on me if you have any problems too, okay?", I said to her and she nodded with a warm smile. I went home after spending some time with her, chatting and discussing about our job.

Done with this chapter :) I'm sorry for the delayed update. I hope you enjoyed this story well. Leave your votes and comments too, okay?