Chapter 138, The Millennium Falcon

/ First Person Protagonist POV /

" We leave now." Rey exclaimed, rushing out of the building. " Y/n, meet us at the Falcon! It's the ship we used when we first rescued you from the First Order!"

I nodded, even if I felt a slight discomfort. There it was again the word 'rescue'. I understood why they kept saying that, but it just wasn't realistic. I shook my head and brushed the thought away, facing general Leia. 

" Take good care, y/n." She smiled fondly. 

" And you too, general." I nodded slightly. She reached behind her to grab something, which I soon saw was the Darksaber's hilt, and handed it to me. " I believe you might want it back." Leia said. 

" Thank you." I took a deep breath. " I wont let you down."

Poe and Finn had left only a couple moments before, and I ran out to try and find them, luckily, I did spot their running figures, and I moved through the foliage and people of the resistance to try and catch up.

When they slowed down, I finally came to pace with them. A junky- like ship was at rest, with a Wookiee working around it. " Wait. This is the falcon I've heard so highly about?" I cleared my throat. 

" Honestly, it flies better than it looks." Poe shrugged, heading towards the open door that created a ramp. " Chewie!" He called out, and the Wookiee turned around and walked towards him. " We've got a new passenger coming along with us."

I waved nervously at him. I knew Wookiee's were extremely strong, and short tempered as well. " Hello. You're Chewbacca, right? I remember you from when I was... rescued from the First Order." I hesitated with my words. 

The Wookiee growled very loudly, of course I couldn't understand, so I just gulped. " Don't worry, y/n. Looks like Chewie doesn't mind you." Poe placed a hand on my shoulder, noticing how nervous I looked. 

" That's good to know." I nodded. " Chewie... I can call you that, right?"

The Wookiee nodded. " Alright. Well I- I've heard you're a very good pilot. That's amazing. At least I'm reassured that the ship wont crash as we land." I chuckled. 

" Y/n, if you're saying that it means you've crashed a couple times lately, haven't you?" Poe sighed. " I taught you the basics of flying, for crying out loud! You're making me look like a bad teacher!"

" Don't worry, 'professor' Poe. Your teachings saved my life on a planet called Nal Hutta more than once." I shrugged. 

" Nal Hutta? What the hell were you doing there?" He scrunched his nose, as if the same gross smell from the planet had reached his nose. " Long story. I can tell you all about it onboard." I said and walked up the ramp. 

The inside of the falcon was just how I remembered it, with semi spacious round hallways and white walls. " This sure is a change from all those smaller spacecrafts." I nodded to myself and walked towards the main cabin that connected with the cockpit. 

" Rey." I called out. 

She turned around and walked towards me. " Is everything alright?" She asked. 

" Yes. I- I just wanted to say thank you for trusting me. It means a lot to go on this mission with you all." I scratched the back of my neck nervously. " I know I betrayed your trust on D'Qar, and I really don't deserve to gain it back so easily, but I'm glad."

" Of course. We know you mean well, and you've always been a great help to the resistance, and above that: a fantastic friend." Rey smiled. " Now, we should probably sit down, it may get a little turbulent. The falcon had a little incident not long ago, but it can fly."