𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | THE DEPARTED 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE FEELING OF FINALLY KISSING STEFAN SALVATORE LIT AN INFERNO OF INSIDE KLARA. She had fantasized about what it would be like to kiss him— what his lips would feel like pressed against hers. And, it felt magical. She waved Stefan and Damon off on their journey to the Atlantic, where they planned to sink Klaus' body. Once the SUV was out of sight, Klara headed home.

The smile hadn't faded from Klara's safe even as she walked into the Salvatore House an hour after their lips collided. A sigh of relief left the vampire's mouth as she threw herself backwards onto the couch but her moment to reminisce was shortlived as her phone again to buzz. "Hey, Jer. What's up?" 

"I uh, I tried to get hold of Stefan and Damon but their phones were going to voicemail and I didn't know what to—" Jeremy Gilbert rambled on down the other end of the line which caused Klara to interrupt him.

"Jeremy, I can't understand the rambling." The blonde slowed her voice in an attempt to help him. "I need you to explain to me very slowly and calmly what the problem is."

Klara listened to Jeremy instantly take a breath before he spoke. "I found Elena upstairs, she was unconscious and there was loads of blood, okay. So, I took her to the hosp—" 

"Please tell me the end of that sentence isn't that you took Elena to the hospital." Silence befell the line and that was when Klara groaned quietly. "Alaric's life is linked to Elena's and the only way to stop him is to kill her. Every Original that isn't desiccated in a box is gonna come after her."

"When you find your sister unconscious, you call 9-1-1, Klara."

"Jeremy, listen to me. You need to get Elena home, now. I'll try and get hold of Stefan and Damon, they need to know what's going on." Klara wasted absolutely no time ending the call with Jeremy. She understood that he wanted to make sure that Elena was okay, but she wasn't safe in the hospital one bit.

Klara lifted herself up from the couch, she knew that she probably would have to meet Jeremy and Elena back at the Gilbert residence but before they, she had to call the Salvatore brothers. "Goldie-Locks, you're interrupting brother bonding."

"Jeremy found Elena unconscious and took her to the hospital," Klara explained vaguely but soon heard Damon begin to speak. "And, yes, before you ask, I told Jeremy to get Elena home and I'd meet him there. I just thought that I'd let you two know what was going on."

"Have I told you lately how much I appreciate you not being the dumbest brother on Earth?" Klara heard Damon say, presumably to Stefan.

"Damon, you need to keep moving. If Klaus really is the sire of our bloodline, we need to keep his body hidden before Alaric finds him, kills him and we all end up dead." Stefan ordered his older brother. "Klara, I'm on my way back. I'll meet you at Elena's."