part twenty five

"are you kidnapping me?" riley asked her millionth question of the night since the two had gotten on the boat

"are you kidnapping me?" riley asked her millionth question of the night since the two had gotten on the boat. jj kept silent as he drove through the water, simply shaking his head side to side every time she would ask something else.

finally he decided on a good place in the middle of the bay and slowed down.

"can you drop the anchor?" jj asked.

"we're stopping?" riley looked at him as if he had three heads. "are you psycho?"

"do you know how to drop an anchor?" jj asked, not bothering to make any comment on her accusations.

"yes," she grumbled, doing as he said. she turned back around to face the blonde, "so what's your plan genius?"

"i wanted to talk."

"you took me out on a boat... in the middle of the night... so we could talk?" riley pressed her palm to her forehead.

"yeah," jj shrugged.

"you realize that's not normal right?" she questioned him. "and we're not friends so that makes it even less normal."

"see that's why i've brought you here," he smirked proudly.

"what?"

"listen," jj began, clearing his throat, "i had a good time the other night."

"oh my god," riley groaned, putting her face into her hands. "the thing you want to talk about is the sex!?"

"no... well not exactly," jj shook his head and riley let out a huff. "just hear me out okay?"

"well i don't have much of a choice," riley mumbled.

"okay well i think we can both agree that it was... good," jj began. "and- and well why do we have to forget about it? like why can't we just... well i mean why couldn't we..."

"are you about to ask me to have sex with you again?" riley stared up at the boy who was pacing back and forth in front of her now.

"have you ever heard of friends with benefits?"

"i'm dreaming," riley scoffed. "this must be a dream. there's no way this is happening to me right now."

"so is that a no..." jj's voice trailed off.

"we can't be friends with benefits if we aren't even friends jj!" the brunette said.

"okay, okay, well we can work on that part!" jj said.

"this is ridiculous," riley sighed.

"come on, at least give it some thought," jj said, teasingly giving the girl puppy dog eyes.

"you're insane!"

"think about it!" jj begged.

"fine," riley quipped, "tell me something that you've never told anyone before."