Basics

Name:
Aderyn

Aliases/Nicknames:
Allison Huxley, Birdie, Jayne Joyce

Species:
Adar Rhiannon

Gender Identity:
Gender fluid (She typically identifies as whatever her body is. A male body means male pronouns, that type of thing.)

Sexuality:
Bisexual

Relationships:
Kai (Older Sibling)
Rowan (Older Sibling)

Traits:
Curious, clever, distant, caring, ruthless, secretive, resentful, calm, impulsive, judgmental, prideful

Pets:
Aled and Alys, Hounds of Annwn. Snow White fur, with red eyes and ears. They hunt criminals and run them to death, their growls growing softer and softer the closer they get.

Abilities:
Manipulation of Perception (looks far away but is close, vice versa)
Control of shadows
Song puts the living to sleep and wakes the dead
Transformation into a bird
Enhanced strength
Basic magic
Being able to see someone's death through their eyes by touching their corpse or sometimes their living body
Each time she dies she's resurrected, but it takes time.

Weaknesses:
She's a bird, so even in her human form she doesn't weigh much. She can walk on thin branches without them moving and jump easily from rooftop to rooftop. The downside of this is that she's very easy to throw and knock down.
She has patchwork skin. Different sections of skin from different people stitched together. The sections are easy to tear and the stitches easy to rip.
Iron burns her.

Other
She has epilepsy and will eat bird seed, spiders and small mammals.

History:
A millennium ago, a great god-king was struggling to find an anniversary gift for his wife. She had everything, the finest clothes, the best miniature figures, the best everything. He searched far and wide for something to get her. Finally he gave up and went to his friend Arawn, King of the Underworld. Arawn suggested getting her a pet. But the king wasn't sure. Arawn offered one of his hound's puppies, but the king was wary of having such a large creature in his castle.
So they put their heads together and decided to ask the Tuatha Dé Danann. The Morrígan suggested three songbirds. They would be able to switch between human and bird form and would have otherworldly powers so that they could help the queen and preform tricks for her.
From the waters of the River Shannon three birds emerged. A tall redhead, a tall woman with black hair and a runt. A small, sickly thing not expected to make it through the winter. For years the little one teetered on the brink of death. She was never given a proper name. Aderyn, the one given to her, is more of a label. It simply means 'bird'.
Now here she is, walking the realm of men. On the verge of excommunication. They tell her she's here to study the humans, but she knows better. She knows it's a punishment.
Each time she dies, she's reborn. Stitched together out of the scraps that can be harvested from dead humans. It's exhausting and painful and ugly, but their people need warriors, protectors. So it's worth it. Plus, it's not like she has a choice.

Face Claim:
Aubrey Plaza

Face Claim:Aubrey Plaza