part twenty six

jj and riley stayed on the boat doing some less than innocent things until the sun started to rise

jj and riley stayed on the boat doing some less than innocent things until the sun started to rise. things just seemed a little too perfect, and perhaps slightly too romantic in jj's eyes as the sky turned pink and orange, so he decided to take riley home then.

riley took a nap once she got home after a sleepless night, deciding it was the only way she would be able to get through the rest of the day. she was absolutely dreading having to work the closing shift at the wreck that night.

once she got to the restaurant she kept herself busy, attempting to keep her mind off of a certain blonde boy. however when she got home later that night after closing, the girl couldn't help but wonder how things were going to change.

she knew topper would kill jj if he found out about the two, considering how protective he was over the girl. and she also couldn't even imagine the things rafe would do to him.

her thoughts kept her from being able to fall asleep but when she finally did she was awoken after what felt like only a few hours of rest. groaning, riley flipped over in the bed to grab her phone that was loudly ringing on her bedside table.

"hello?" she groggily said.

"riley," kiara said on the other line.

"kiara? why are you calling me?"

"so our car kind of broke down and i really need you to come pick us up," kiara explained.

"us?" riley asked, even though she knew the answer.

"my friends," her sister responded grimly.

"why do you think i would help y'all?" riley grumbled.

"riley please," kie begged, "we're stranded here."

"where?" riley rolled her eyes as she got up from her bed.

"so you know that pawn shop off of 64..."

"you're at a pawn shop?" riley gritted. "do you know the kind of people that go to pawn shops?"

"yes and if you don't leave now we might be killed by those people so can you please come?" kiara snapped.

riley finally agreed before hanging up the phone and getting in her car. the drive was no more than 20 minutes away but she still despised having to do a favor for kiara who treated her like shit.

when riley pulled up to the shop she had expected to see kiara, john b, pope and jj. what the girl had not expected to see was her best friend, sarah, resting her head on john b's shoulder as they sat on the curb next to one another.

she knew that they were dating now but she never expected to see sarah hanging out with kiara considering the feud between them.

"sarah?" riley stuck her head out of the window, once putting the car in park.