★☆Chapter 00- Peaceful Days☆★

"Ahh.. how boring..." The girl muttered as she stared into  the empty ceiling.

"If you were still here, I wonder if living was something that I can still enjoy...

Kei." The girl muttered calmly, while placing her chin to her palm. Thinking deeply into the past.

←10 years ago →

"Ahh.. The Chamomile flowers..." , the girl muttered sadly as she viewed the vast field while her skirt was softly blown by the wind.

"D-daijobu!! (It's alright) I promise!! We will find those Chamomile flowers next year, 'kay?" , the young boy said as he tried to console the girl...

The sickly mother suddenly called out to her children with a gentle smile and said, "Children, It's time for lunch. Hurry, Kei! Eri~!!"

"Eri, let's race!!" The boy gleefully challenged his sister.

"Keinii-chan, Keinii-chan, wait for me!" The girl chased her running brother.

"Eri, make it fast, hurry, hurry!!" the boy said, as he cheerfully called out to his little sister.

The girl suddenly trips on something and cried, "Ittaii (Ouch)!!" 

"Eri!! " the boy run toward her called her name worriedly.

The boy says " Eri, stand up. Wipe your tears, Don't cry." The boy calmly said with a hint of worry in his eyes. The girl replied with a small nod still preventing her about-to-fall tears.

"Let's go." The boy reached out his hand and smiled gently at his hurt younger sister.

"Gomen ne, I made you run like that..." the boy said sadly.

"It's fine! Next time I just have to make it fast, like onii-chan! And be more careful!" The girl said cheerfully and reassuringly."

"So, do you really want to be someone like onii-chan, Eri?"

"Hai~!! Onii-chan is so awesome! He is soo reliable, soo kind, soo helpful. He takes care of Mama. Helps papa. He is the best!!!"

"It's not like that." The boy said while pulling out a shy smile.

"I'm not that great person you think I am.." The boy said nonchalantly.

"L.. let's go back! Mom is waiting for us!" The girl says feeling a sense of awkwardness.

The boy responded with a, "Yeah."

My elder brother and me has an age gap of seven years. At those times, my Brother is my ideal person for me. He is soo strong and so kind..

But at times I feel like, he is hiding something from me. But since I was still a child, it didn't really matter to me.

Our family was poor. We lived in the countryside. My Father spends some of his times out our house since, early in the morning he always leaves the house for work that is saving us from hunger.

My Mother is always in the house. Since she is sickly, she helps my Father by taking care of us. My mother is so kind  yet so strong. (I think that is where nii-chan has acquired his personality) Even though she has this unkown illness she has always pulled out a very carefree smile.

My brother at times, is helping my Father in his work since, he still has to go to school with me.

Our family was happy. We were poor but we were  contented with our lives. When I was young I thought that this would last and be forever but..

Until one fateful day.. those peaceful days were suddenly... shattered.

"Nee, Mama, where is Keinii-chan?" The girl asked her sickly Mother.

"Kei? He has gone out, (coughs) (coughs) to help your fa--"

The kind woman was having a hard time to finish her sentence. The woman fell to the ground. The woman tried to stand. But it made it worst.

The little girl run towards her sickly Mother."Okaa-san (Mother)!! Are you alright?! Okaa-san? Okaa-san? Nee, Okaa-san?!"

The girl tried to talk to her unreplying Mother. The woman who tried to talk, tried to stand grew weaker..

Before the woman was her crying child. "Okaa-san, Okaa-san, Nee!! Okaa-san!"

The girl wiped her tears and said, "Wait here Mama, I'm going to find for Father and Brother. I'm going to find for help."

"You d.. don't have t.. to. I'm about to d.. die. I'll al.. lways love you and watch over you, my p.. preci.. ious chil.. ldren." The stuttering mother... finally finished her last words...

The girl desperately find for help. She saw a man around his late thirties and said, " Mister, my Mom is about to die please help her!" The girl begged the man.

They rushed towards the old house. What was waiting for them was..

"OKAA-SAAAN!!!!"

A woman still, kindly smiling. Died.

"It looks like there will never be a forever.." the girl muttered as tears fall, blankly from her expressionless, blank eyes...