What Is Love ?

I wrote this while listening to Kiss The Rain - Yiruma ! &Boy, that song sounds good, so listen to it while reading !  (: It can be found on the side >>>>  // Anyways, Enjoy ! :D

--

My stomach was making flips, and I was feeling drunk. I couldn't stop jumping, and I'd constantly blush. I'll bump into anything hard, and I won't feel a single drop of pain. My heart is thumping hard against my chest, and I can't stop thinking..

All I could think about is him. Every millisecond of my life was spent on thinking of him. My mind was already full of thoughts about him, but it just kept increasing, and soon; thinking turned into daydreaming.

Elizabeth, I love you. He'd kneel down, and pull out something from his tuxedo; a small box. I could already imagine what would be inside.

I started giggling aloud even though I felt that it would be embarrassing if other people saw. But it’s not like I had a choice, this feeling was uncontrollable, and I just couldn't stop laughing. My face would tire itself out every single day from just grinning too much.

This feeling washed over my heart like tides, and I could feel the bliss and the liveliness. It sent electrical shocks through my veins. This feeling felt so.. amazing.

--

I just finished reading this paragraph from a website. I'd always read this page because I didn't understand what this feeling was. Love? What's love? I want to know find out more about it..

I remember that I'd spend hours and hours searching up the word love on the internet. All I found were nasty websites, and dating services. I'd finally give up, and asked my best friend for help.

"Cole?" I'd ask.

"Yes Rina?" Cole would flash me one of his charming smiles that showed off his cute dimples.

"What is love?" I remember sounding curious.

That question threw Cole off guard, and he flinched. I'd always remember the look he gave me whenever I mentioned that word, and I never dared to mention 'love' to him ever again.. Well, up until now..

It was my 14th birthday, and I really wanted to know what love is. It's already been a year since I've asked the question; maybe he'll tell me this time.

"Hey Cole" I whined as I nudged him with my elbow.

He was busy daydreaming about something, and he seemed very absentminded. We were sitting outside the ice-cream store, and he bought me my favourite strawberry ice-cream as a treat.

"Mhm?" Cole replied, still looking up into the bright blue sky while holding onto his vanilla ice-cream cone.

I looked up as well to see if the sky was that fascination, but it looked completely plain to me.

"I want a present from you." I said still staring up into the sky with no particular interest and licked my ice-cream slowly.

“Well, what do you want me to get you?" Cole said with a preoccupied tone.

"No, I don't want you to get me anything." I turned away from the sky, and stared at his glowing face.

"Then, what do you want?" His voice sounded curious, and turned to look at me now.

"I want you to show me love." I said with determination.

Since I don't know what love is, I'll get Cole to show it to me.