0.

˗ˏˋ prologue  'ˎ˗

˗ˏˋ prologue  'ˎ˗

AS KNOWN.. david rossi had his fair share of marriages. but, with his first marriage with carolyn, he was never informed that he did indeed have a daughter. not that david wouldn't have cared, because he would have. it was after a case that rossi had in 1983, when he had gotten home, he found carolyn packing her things, this was when she found out she was pregnant. just never peeped a word of it, carolyn thought it was best when they parted their ways to keep aurora a "secret".

GROWING UP.. aurora was a patient and understanding little girl. and as she got older, just like every other teenage girl, she gushed over celebrities, had stupid crushes, and as most teens go through a phase of rebelling against their parent(s). yet, she never did. maybe it was because she knew better, and knowing it would disappoint her mother. having her mother's validation was a big thing for her at one point, which she quickly got over since carolyn explained to her that she did not need to prove herself.

BOTH CAROLYN AND AURORA.. got along well, and loved each other dearly. basically attached by the hip, and overall had a stronger relationship because of an absent father. occasionally they would bump heads, but most mother and daughters do, they usually made up within a few minutes.

AURORA ASKED ABOUT.. if she had a father when she was smaller, because really, she didn't know any better and wanted to know since she would see her friends and their parents. when asked this, carolyn responded with your father just isn't around. and after that, she never asked again. as aurora got older though, she got questioned by kids at her school on where her father was, and got teased because she didn't have one; well not a present one at least.

FOR AS LONG AS AURORA COULD REMEMBER.. she wrote notes and sometimes letters dedicated to her father, even if she didn't know him. aurora planned that the day she did meet him, she would give him all of them. they were filled with the smallest of things such as how her day was, others with rough days she had; and how much the teasing would get to her. as she got older she wrote less and less, but it included about two serious ones filled with everything she felt.

GOING INTO UNIVERSITY.. she was oddly drawn to anything having to do with criminology. later having discovered a man named david rossi, who was an author that would go to lectures and on book tours. for a while, aurora convinced that because they shared the same last name, that was her father. which, was the case, she just thought it was too far fetched. and just dropped it all and all without mentioning it to her mother.

SHE HAD TO TAKE A PAUSE.. from school though because her mother was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral scelerosis; a form of motor neuron disease that is fatal to diagnosed patients. with this though, is when carolyn has to finally introduce david rossi himself to his daughter, aurora. after one too many years, carolyn still didn't want to, but without her, aurora wouldn't really have anybody. so she set her pride aside and decided that she will do it anyways.

AURORA HAS NO CLUE.. on what is about to hit her, gaining a parent but losing the other. not only that, finding herself in some trouble involving one of the BAU's cases, and finding an unexpected relationship along the way.

a/n:
hopefully this is somewhat interesting???
probably not LOL