𝟷𝟺| 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐎𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐈𝐬 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

"So, what sort of movie are you thinking of getting?" You asked, sipping the iced coffee you begged Stu to buy you. It was essential. You could barely keep your eyes open after getting little to no sleep the past two nights.

"A scary movie." Stu grinned while opening the door to the video store for you.

"Vague, but okay." You chuckled and quietly thanked him before walking inside.

Towards the right side of the room, you spotted Randy speeding through the aisles with a movie cart. You laughed as he almost ran into a customer, and Stu turned to you, a wicked glint swirling in his eyes before sneaking up behind Randy.

"Oh!" Stu knocked the stack of movies out of his hand just before he could stock them. You rolled your eyes at his childish antics, forcing back a smile as you went to help Randy pick them up.

"Jesus, this place is packed tonight, man." Stu glanced around, leaning against one of the shelves.

"We had a run in the mass murder section," Randy said while taking the movies you handed off to him.

"You coming to my fiesta?" Stu asked.

"Yeah, I'm off early. Curfew, y'know." Randy replied as he shoved the movies into their proper places.

You moved to stand next to Stu as some girl asked Randy for the whereabouts of a movie about E.T.'s mom, and he directed her to The Howling.

"Oh, now that's in poor taste," Randy said, staring over to his left. You followed his gaze to find Billy chatting with two giggling girls in another section.

"What?" Stu asked, observing the scene while you tried your best to conceal your scowl as you looked away.

"If you were the only suspect in a senseless bloodbath, would you be standing in the horror section?" Randy questioned, and you shook your head as you took another sip of your coffee.

"It was just a misunderstanding. He didn't do anything." Stu said, looking to you for backup and you redirected your head-shaking into a nod.

"You're such a little lapdog," Randy argued, glancing back at Billy. "He's got "killer" printed all over his forehead."

"Ohhh-kay," Stu exaggerated his voice, and you couldn't help but snicker at him. "Really? Well, why did the cops let him go, smart guy?"

"Because obviously, they don't watch enough movies. This is standard horror movie stuff." Randy said, his movie geek side making an appearance.

"Randy, don't start with that." You sighed, yet he was adamant about his opinions.

"Prom Night revisited, man!" He exclaimed.

"Yeah?" Stu raised his brows, resting his head in the palm of his hand. "Why would Billy want to kill his own girlfriend?"

"There's always some stupid, bullshit reason to kill your girlfriend," Randy said matter-of-factly. You concealed your smile with your hand as the woman in the section behind him looked disturbed by his words. "That's the beauty of it all, simplicity."

"That might be the craziest thing I've ever heard you say." You declared, and Randy waved you off. "Besides, if it gets too complicated, you lose your target audience." He said.