prologue

SESEVIA DE ALGER OBELIA, PRINCESS OF OBELIA, TWIN SISTER OF EMPEROR CLAUDE, DOWAGER SISTER-WIFE OF THE TYRANT RULER ANASTACIUS.

The limp bodies around me are all lifeless, countless of them, puddled with bright red blood.

The little baby girl swaddled in my arms continued to cry.

"Please I beg you, Claude." I pleaded desperately, hoping the sight of me weeping and kneeling in front of him might spark some mercy in his hardened heart. "Allow me to raise this innocent child along with the one inside my womb."

I struggled to lift this fragile infant slightly higher, to make my brother see the huge swell of my belly, reminding him that it is where his own living flesh and blood grows; the precious produce of our forbidden love.

Claude raises his eyebrow, his cerulean orb glowed with crazed fervor that it oddly contrasted with the humanly substance freckled across his paled complexion.

"That little bastard isn't even a bit worthy to be raised alongside our child." He proclaimed grimly, taking a step closer to us.

I yelped, retreating back. With each step he accomplished across those corpses he killed, I struggled backwards.

"My l-love, have mercy!" I sobbed, hugging her tiny body closer. "This baby is a part of you, as I also a-am! I know you would never harm a part of me, would you?"

"Sesevia..." Claude demanded, his patience slowly summing apart just by saying my name. "Hand me that little demon before I do it myself."

My little Athanasia; the daughter of the concubine I had despised the most and promised to protect her child whatever the cost before she died; cried even more louder as if understanding what her father had said.

Oh my God, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!

"Fine, my love! But you will have to kill me in exchange for the life of Athanasia!" I plead. Claude impeded in his dangerous advances towards us, blinking as he think about my threat.

My twin brother stares directly at me as I with him, our sapphire eyes unfaltering against each other.

Then, finally: "Hm. Fine. Let's see if it lives up to its name." He groaned, watching as I elicit a relieved cry. "However it cannot be allowed to mingle its pathetic presence near me nor with my offspring, my only child, that is inside you, sister."

I gasp happily, crawling to kiss his feet. "Thank you, my love. Thank you!"

After Claude walked away from the premises of the Ruby Palace with his bloodied gaurds trailing behind him, I was finally left alone with this precious baby.

Wiping my tears away, I cradled her tenderly. "My darling princess, all would be well. I am here to love and protect you forever...I promise."

<<>>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I'll drop the other chapters once I'm done finalizing them which will be very soon. Don't worry. please vote!!!

If anyone's curious why I decided to make this kind if story and release it for the world to see, well I guess I'm the only asshole twisted enough to do it.