𝟎𝟕.|𝐌𝐘 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐍

UNEDITED 07

UNEDITED
07.|My Dear Cousin

𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐒𝐍𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐊'𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐅𝐓 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 from Lailyn there was something very important she needed to get to me.
So of course, I walked the entire mile deep into the woods to meet her and Grover. My best friend was really something dragging me out here this late.

As I neared a clearing I could see her standing beside Grover, a nervous look on her face as the two spoke.

"Lailyn!"

The demigod spun in her spot toward me with open arms. We jumped into a hug together, and not long after I brought Grover into a hug.

"So what's up?"

Both Lailyn and Grover looked at each other nervously, then back at me. As Lailyn was about to speak when a stick could be heard breaking a few feet away.
A curse went out into the air as the three of us took our practiced fighting stances. My sword was glowing in the moonlight, lighting up the area around us.

The figure stood up from behind a medium sized bush, falling forward from behind the tree line. When his face came into the light of my sword I realized it was Derek.

"Wait! Guys, I know him. It's Derek."

All three of us replaced our battle ready stances with welcoming smiles.

"Der. Um. Did you follow me?"

Derek rubbed the back of his neck guiltily with a nod.

"I heard you leaving. I wanted to make sure you were okay."

Lailyn sighed beside me as she saw the stars begin to move in the sky, signaling time was going by fast.

"He knows?"

"He knows." I nodded.

"He knows?!"

Both Lailyn and I jumped at Grover's outburst, the guardian scratching at his head in panic.

"It's okay Grove. Derek is a werewolf."

Derek growled at me, red eyes flashing at me as if I was supposed to be scared of it.

"Sure, a werewolf. But you are a demigod Stiles!"

I shrugged, turning back to Lailyn who looked up at the sky as a beam of light ascended next to her. I jumped back, my back hitting the chest of the alpha werewolf behind me.
Derek caught me easily, steadying the both of us as the light ended and a boy replaced the empty air.

"Uh- Hi?"

The pale skinned boy waved awkwardly at Derek and I, his bright blue eyes shining in the moonlit covered forest.
I could tell Lailyn was about to tell me something I was not going to like when she bit her bottom lip and looked down at the ground beneath us.