[12] ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴀ ɢᴀᴍᴇ - ᴘᴀʀᴛ 2

Note: G/n means Game Name, ok have fun :)

"Battle begin!"

~*Y/n*~

"HYAH!"

The boar squealed as it let out its final breath of life before dissolving into blue, little crystals. The pop-up informing me that the loot had been added to my inventory appeared and I clicked the blue circle to confirm it.

"Wow! Impressive! Only one blow of your sword and he was down!" A boy with black hair and pale skin walked up to me and congratulated my hunting success.

"Yeah, thanks. I finally got my hunting levels high enough to where it only takes 1-2 hits and the animal is down. Took a while, but totally worth it,"

"At least we know you won't die of starvation," I gave him a slight smile as we made our way into the town we were staying in.

It had been a year and a half of us being stuck in SAO and the end was nearly in sight. Multiple parties and guilds had made their way up the Aincrad castle , defeating the mobs and bosses on each floor, risking and losing lives, all so we could all be free. Kirito and I were two of the random solo players that would stick along on the raids and help in any ways we could.

No one was allowed to talk about the world before. Or well, at least, no one wanted too. If we spent all our time dwelling and crying about our old lives and what we've missed, nothing would get done and we'd never get out of here.

No one made a point to talk about their real lives, especially not Kirito and I.

Which is why the conversation we had that night all the more interesting.

And weird.

*****

"So, how are things between you and a certain Knight of the Blood Oath?" I asked Kirito as he sat in the bed I was going to be sleeping in tonight. His face immediately flushed red and he avoided making any sort of eye-contact with me.

"I don't know what you're talking about,"

"Sure, sure... hey, do you know if you can have babies in this game?"

"WHAT?"

"I just figured you and Asuna would be the ones to make that discovery," I smirked at the raven-haired boy, only to be met with a pillow to the face. I laughed at him as I sat down at the desk and started to go through my inventory, my back facing him.

"How about you?"

"Hm?"

"Is there anyone special in your life? Someone in-game?"

I blew a small raspberry as a response, knowing that my love-life in-game was just as dry as my love-life IRL. I heard a chuckle from him before continuing to filter my stuff.

"What about in real life?"

My heart sank to my stomach as my hand froze in it's place. I took a deep breath before turning around in my chair to face him.

"What happened to the 'No Talking About Our Past Lives' rule?"

"It's different. We know each other IRL and I practically know everything about your real life anyway," I leaned back in my chair as I absorbed this information. As good as it would feel to get all the weight and pain of the past year and a half off my chest, I didn't want to.

I couldn't. Not with the end so near. I couldn't afford any distractions.

I just wanted to go home.