Chapter 0. Prologue

The year of 2013.

The earth was ruined by the nuclear war.

Most of mankind has wiped out.

Governments and big cities in each country have long gone.

The glorious civilization of mankind faded away. It was once a tribe that prided itself on being the warrant of all things, but in the end they themselves ruined their lives. World centers such as London, New York, Lima, Paris, and Moscow were all distroyed.

The land occupied by tremendous radiation and terrifying monsters is no longer the home of human. On the day of judgment that took everything away, mushroom clouds bloomed with flashes burned everything on the ground. If you can endure high levels of radiation and go to the ground, all there have left will be dark clouds, gray frames of ruined buildings.

Of course, survivors are not disappeard yet. Very few people who are lucky enough to avoid the storm, are barely making ends meet, enduring radiation that has seeped into the metro for 20 years and bizarre mutations that constantly swarm from the end of the tunnel to the platform.

South Korea also failed to stop nuclear warheads from running. The Terminal High Altitude Area Defense system (THAAD) failed to prevent radioactive fallout. The constant fallout from the westerlies across the Shandong Peninsula including Beijing devastated the Korean Peninsula.

Rumor has it that Japan, the neighboring country has already sunk under the sea, and somewhere north of Manchuria there is a clean, radioactive land. Only those living in metro can judge what will be true.

The vast forests are burned to ashes and dust is blown away, and most of the buildings are faded away from the traces of time. There was also a loss of contact with air-raid shelters and subways.

There are only a handful of things that remind you of the technology of the past on the ground, and even that is being used for the lives of people living in Metro.

Of course even that is not easy. Sufficient lights, drugs, manpower and most importantly, ammunition are urgently needed to survive against the monsters born of deadly chemicals and radioactivity that have emerged as new owners on the land where humans have disappeared.

They no longer have dreams or hopes. Humanity has remained a past glory along with art, philosophy and other trifles since inhaling the rough air of filters, using skinny chickens and shabby mushrooms as their staple food.

The earth is no longer in human possession. Memories of the lost are passed down from generation to generation, and slowly fading facts are covered with all kinds of legends.

Twenty years have passed since the last subway ran the railroad tracks, and abandoned cars on the road and rusty planes that failed to take off at the airport have been taken over by mutants.

No one knows when and how even metro, the last bastion of mankind will collapse. It can just turn into a handful of ash.

People now struggle only for survival, and can't afford to think about the future.

The Seoul Metro unfolded among the metroans fighting for survival. Now the inside story of the place is revealed.

▲ A subway linemap for Seoul Metro (Sorry it's not English)